Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrack street parking!

Options
  • 01-06-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭

bout time the council did something about the parking along barrack street!
    all newly tarmaced..no more potholes :D

guess they do some good! ..now get to work on the road all along castle hill leading to Graigue bridge :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

SV wrote: »
    bout time the council did something about the parking along barrack street!
    all newly tarmaced..no more potholes :D

guess they do some good! ..now get to work on the road all along castle hill leading to Graigue bridge :D

In front of Abrakebra? Did they resurface it? That's the job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ShayK1 wrote: »
    In front of Abrakebra? Did they resurface it? That's the job!

They did alright, whole way as far as I can see. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

SV wrote: »
    They did alright, whole way as far as I can see. :D

Not before time, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pholland

the council should do from the shamrock to finegans corner.... that would rattle the bejasus out of ya when your on a bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They should do the green lane out as far as deerpark roundabout. It is worse than the road through castledermot was last year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭scallioneater

You guys want to put fresh blacktop everywhere. There is no money in the bank of for surfacing local streets. We were just talking about the need to reduce rates. I suggest that we set up a volunteer road repair crew to fill those pesky potholes. Any takers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You guys want to put fresh blacktop everywhere. There is no money in the bank of for surfacing local streets. We were just talking about the need to reduce rates. I suggest that we set up a volunteer road repair crew to fill those pesky potholes. Any takers?
    If you filled a pothole, you can be held liable for the condition of the road should someone be injured.

If you filled a pothole, you can be held liable for the condition of the road should someone be injured.

Okay, an undercover volunteer pothole filling conspiracy then!!! If the government can't find the potholes, how can they find the people that filled them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

make convicts do the work and repay their debt to society

foggy_lad wrote: »
    make convicts do the work and repay their debt to society

We are all guilty of something!!! But to incorporate your idea, perhaps a local priest could amend the pennances he imposes at confession. Instead of 5 Hail Marys and an Our Father, how about fill 2 potholes and unblock a drain?

• Advertisement
Advertisement