Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New software company recruiting?

Options
  • 01-06-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hiya

Anyone know which multinational software company, newly setting up in Galway, is hiring right now?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You may mean Bioware. If so then you should know it's just customer service.
    There may be other companies obviously, but that's off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

From my knowedlge 2 major companies are coming to galway. Bioware and EA Games. However both these companies will be only setting up shop for Customer Support.

EA: http://www.ea.com/news/ea-to-open-customer-service-center-in-ireland

BioWare: http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/galway_jobs/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I heard Electronic Arts are setting up here too, but again AFAIK just customer service, and I don't know if they are actually recruiting yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

EA are definitely setting up some customer service branch, i think it'll be in 2011 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

EA and Bioware are one and the same.

Check the Bioware website for job applications. Only recruitment and managerial positions available at the mo'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Cheers. Yup, one and the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Hear there maybe some web development work as well. The centre is rumoured to be the European support base for the new star wars mmorpg star wars: the old republic which is due for a q1 2011 release date.

Its great news tho. Hopefully it will encourage more games companies to come here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

EA and Bioware are one and the same.

Check the Bioware website for job applications. Only recruitment and managerial positions available at the mo'

There's one project management/analyst role - needs a lot of fairly specific experience though. The ad says that there's a relocation package available, meaning I guess that they doubt they'll fill it locally.

But the fact that they have that position is a good sign, because the person may need assistants for analysis type work, even if all the dev is done in India etc (and I have no idea if it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

JustMary wrote: »
    There's one project management/analyst role - needs a lot of fairly specific experience though. The ad says that there's a relocation package available, meaning I guess that they doubt they'll fill it locally.

But the fact that they have that position is a good sign, because the person may need assistants for analysis type work, even if all the dev is done in India etc (and I have no idea if it is).
    A couple of years of Scrumm/Agile experience is probably the hardest for people to have acquired for that role. Other than that the only red flag I'd see would be the ability to relocate (that could be used on you in various ways). I don't think they do much if any dev in India - didn't they have quite a lot of developers in Vancouver for awhile there? (friend of a friend worked there).

Advertisement