Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Mobile Broadband - Data Allowance

Options
  • 01-06-2010 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

I signed up to Three Mobile Broadband two months ago, under an agreed 12 month contract, with 15gb data monthly allowance. Now they're saying that they're redusing the monthly allowance to 10gb (only found out browsing their website, no e-mails sent or anything).
    Now most months I reach or come very close to this data limit, and quite frankly I'm disappointed that what I had signed up for will soon no longer exist and that I'll still be paying e20 a month for a reduced service. Clearly I am passed the two week mark for return of service, but have I any comeback should I choose to leave this contract and not get caught with the presumed e200 get out charges (e20 x 10 months).
    Any help is much appreciated.

EDIT : I found this on their website;
    "Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (electronic communications networks and services)(Universal Service and Users’ rights) Regulations 2003 an operator shall, not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service, and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification."

"If you are a subscriber to the services affected by these changes and if you do not accept these changes you may cease to use the service without penalty by giving us written notice in accordance with 3's terms and conditions prior to the implementation date of the change."

What should I put in this letter, it needs to be done tomorrow considering the service changes are being implemented on the 8th April. Does it count that I've sent the letter before the date (clearly marking the date and all)?

Comments

Advertisement