Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saikyo Arts

Options
  • 01-06-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

So who here is a master of the Saikyo Arts?
    Nothing i like more than taunting in a game of street fighter. Not to be a dick or make fun of whoever i'm playing, but just to keep an aspect of play full nature about the match.

Though I must admit, taunting a guy who takes himself too seriously can be fun, and the hatemail received after can be even better.

What's your favorite taunt? Mine is fuertes dance, never laughed so hard the first time i saw it.

So... share your taunting stories.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Fireballing a guy then pressing taunt the millisecond before the KO = win.

No way to do it with ibuki it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

This is a thing among Sakura players:

Her 3rd taunt goes under some fireballs, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

One of my favourites is definitely Balrog's when he says "I'll knock you out with one punch!", then proceeding to kill the opponent with one final hit. This looks especially epic if done with an EX charge punch that goes through a fireball. Dunjohn does this quite a bit and I laugh every time =)
    Alternatively Rose says something like "Your own power will defeat you". Follow this with a fatal reflected fireball for maximum win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Focus Attack a fireball. Cancel with Chuns taunt 5 (i think) She pats herself on the back.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Slow sonic boom chip victory with slo mo sunglasses.

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Mart0

Slow sonic boom chip victory with slo mo sunglasses.

/thread

Victory and guile does not compute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Nothing will beat this. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Using Dan's butt slap taunt (9) in response to a Metsu Hadoken hurts, but rocks.

I use Adon's "You'll pay for disappointing me!" at the start of round 2 if I've just lost round 1.

Mart0 wrote: »
    Victory and guile does not compute.

Why don't you ask Azza why he hates Guile so much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've never experimented much with taunting, nor do I know much about etiquette in this area. Is it generally considered bad form?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Mr. K wrote: »
    I've never experimented much with taunting, nor do I know much about etiquette in this area. Is it generally considered bad form?

It's part of the game. Like I said I will sometimes use a taunt to cancel an focus when absorbing fireballs. This is so I can stay in the same place for whatever reason.
    Dan can get a higher jump using a taunt. Some taunts go under fireballs or are otherwise useful.

The only time I ever an issue with taunting is when I'm the match is laggy matches and you have some ****ty beating you with jump-ins or something equally stupid and taunting halfway through. It tends to infuriate but then I tend to be fairly pissed off at those kind of matches anyway.

Mr. K wrote: »

Can't speak for others but I won't taunt someone I think I am outclassing as I do consider it bad form.

I will however throw in a cheeky taunt here and there to the likes of the posters here. :)

On a side note I play Guile and I have myself trained to pretty much ex boom on sight of a taunt, usually it'll land and the demoralisation does more damage than 100 points :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can't speak for others but I won't taunt someone I think I am outclassing as I do consider it bad form.

I agree with this big time.

The only time I taunt is if I've already been taunted, or if someone is acting the twit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The only time I taunt is if I've already been taunted, or if someone is acting the twit.

^this

and by acting the twit for me is, you know these guys who buffer their ultra by jittering like theyre on drugs. you deserve to see blanka rubbing his bum for that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sagat06 wrote: »
    ^this

and by acting the twit for me is, you know these guys who buffer their ultra by jittering like theyre on drugs. you deserve to see blanka rubbing his bum for that

One exception for me...

Myself and Bush were in Endless Battle. He was fighting a Zangief with his Cody, and I was spectating. Zangief got in some early damage in the final round and spend the rest of the round turtling with the occasional taunt. He won with a timed victory.

I was up next against him and he picked Ryu. Beat him but not before getting extreme added revenge tauntage for Bush.

Bush then hammered me next round. The circle is now complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sagat06 wrote: »
    ^this

How else is my Abel supposed to get guaranteed damage against your infuriating Blanka? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    How else is my Abel supposed to get guaranteed damage against your infuriating Blanka? :confused:

pretty sure you can buffer with the shortcuts without standing, its just the dancing drives me nuts - online i should say

to elaborate on the abel matchup, as soon as you have ultra I cant do anything but normals cos its a free ultra if blocked

I'm with sagat on this one I always taunt vibrating players, that ryu or sagat you thinks your about to jump at him - does a little jig, I'll either taunt or do a little jig right back :p

Every now and then you get those players who spend the entire match buffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

FutureGuy wrote: »
    One exception for me...

Myself and Bush were in Endless Battle. He was fighting a Zangief with his Cody, and I was spectating. Zangief got in some early damage in the final round and spend the rest of the round turtling with the occasional taunt. He won with a timed victory.

I was up next against him and he picked Ryu. Beat him but not before getting extreme added revenge tauntage for Bush.

Bush then hammered me next round. The circle is now complete.

It was funny when you left. He picked seth and ran around away for the whole match. He got me down to about 5% and he had 75%.He taunted me, I landed an ultra and came back to win the match, was pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

With Dee Jay either taunt 9 or 10

*point and laugh* "Hee hee hee"

or

"Don't forget to download ma album."

If I can get any of these off while killing with a fireball, I'm pretty happy. (I've seen Dans getting super taunt finishes before, that's really epic)

I don't play Zangief, but I think "Weak like kitten" is pretty funny.

• Advertisement

Bush80 wrote: »
    It was funny when you left. He picked seth and ran around away for the whole match. He got me down to about 5% and he had 75%.He taunted me, I landed an ultra and came back to win the match, was pretty funny.

Sounds like youtube material :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

For me it's B-Trak burning Dark Onion one time. ****ing epic burn.

B-Trak's Ken knocking Onion's Honda into the corner with feck all life and taunting right beside him and then Fierce DP burning the **** out of him to finish and win the match. Awgh the crowd went wild! :D

Sounds gas. Although I'd have hated to be on the receiving end of that now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

twas a thing a beauty alright.

I love doing that once in a match and then playing mind games.
    If you taunt again on knockdown your opponent will expect the same and you can just block after/ then throw or cross up and combo: Rinse and repeat

It's the new flowchart

This is what I'd love to do in a match though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Best stick ever?

Dan1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

animaX wrote: »
    Best stick ever?
    Haha.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ry wrote: »
    For me it's B-Trak burning Dark Onion one time. ****ing epic burn.

B-Trak's Ken knocking Onion's Honda into the corner with feck all life and taunting right beside him and then Fierce DP burning the **** out of him to finish and win the match. Awgh the crowd went wild! :D
    Yeah, woo! :P Twas funny alright, I love a bit of old fireball focus taunting myself, so that was one intense fight. Scraped the victory in the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Scraped the victory in the end...

Had to get that in there :P

• Advertisement

Taunting Azza in a tournament is probably my happiest moment in my time in fighting games.

Sometimes, you have to go upreefer.

Advertisement