Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wednesday game in Parkside Card Club FREE ROLL

• 02-06-2010 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Wednesday game in Parkside Card Club FREE ROLL

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.)Parkside Card Club
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.)commercial
    3. Date and Location of even 2nd june 2010 Parkside Card Club, Mulhuddart village, Dublin 15
    4. Registration and Start time of event.8.00 reg and 8.30pm kick off
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc) members club
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) at the door
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.)Texas Hold'em
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. FREE ROLL
    9. Cost of registration € 5
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund 100%
    10a. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments, if so, how much NONE
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool NO.
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. multi rebuys till the break @ €10
    13. Starting Chips 2,500k
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts.2,500 @ €10
    15. Blind levels
    1.25 50
    2.50 100
    3.75 150
    4.100 200
    5.150 300 20 min break

6.200 400
    7.300 600
    8 400 800
    9.500 1000
    10.600 1200
    11.800 1600
    12.1000 2000

13.1200 2400 5 min
    14.1500 3000
    15.2000 4000
    16.3000 6000
    17.4000 8000
    18.5000 10000
    19.6000 12000
    20.8000 16000

16. Blind timeframes 20 mins
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc) 12%
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill high level
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules yes
    20. Is there a tournament director yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say.TD
    22. Are there any cash games offered, if so, please outline the rake for each limit offered.5% capped at 15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kukucs

First time this a €10 Re-buy game with €5 reg not a Free-roll! If it is, what is free in it??
    Second time this is just so upsetting that i went there like 20 min. before the brake and i couldn`t join to the game cas at the table was one luckbox who played poker first time, but hit everything and had like 35k stack and u can only take 2,5k at one time...NO MORE!! so the other 6 players and me sitting there with 2k each and the blinds are 200-400!! the guy already won the tournament like....:confused: Just give me 10k for €30 and let me catch him or otherwise just absolutly no point to play this game!!!
    Third time no offens but the dealers just need more training..a lot more..
    I cant imagine how they are figure out a 7 way all-in with different chips if they cant make a single side-pot + every second hand leave someone short????
    Anyway the club looks nice and there`s a good atmosphere but u have to work on the tourneys to make it better value and more fun!!

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭parkside poker

Kukucs wrote: »
    First time this a €10 Re-buy game with €5 reg not a Free-roll! If it is, what is free in it??
    Second time this is just so upsetting that i went there like 20 min. before the brake and i couldn`t join to the game cas at the table was one luckbox who played poker first time, but hit everything and had like 35k stack and u can only take 2,5k at one time...NO MORE!! so the other 6 players and me sitting there with 2k each and the blinds are 200-400!! the guy already won the tournament like....:confused: Just give me 10k for €30 and let me catch him or otherwise just absolutly no point to play this game!!!
    Third time no offens but the dealers just need more training..a lot more..
    I cant imagine how they are figure out a 7 way all-in with different chips if they cant make a single side-pot + every second hand leave someone short????
    Anyway the club looks nice and there`s a good atmosphere but u have to work on the tourneys to make it better value and more fun!!

Regards
    the five euro reg fee is for dealers food and the drink that is free which does'nt even cover our over heads and your starting stack is free 2,500
    so come early the next time if you want to have a chance in the game. The game was going on for 100 mins before you came and no he didnt win the tournament,and you can buy up to 3 top ups on the break which you get 7,500, we have 1 trainee dealer and the rest are fully trained croupiers and are very good at there job which were changed every 20 min

i hope this clears up a few things for you

im also sorry to see you were knocked out so early

welcome to boards i see your only a new member today

Steven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kukucs

I bought in twice and went all in with AQ and get called by 97 off and and my 88 lost against K2 both from the big stack. So u suggest I should spend more 10er and hope to get lucky. That's an other sport called bingo! I'm really happy that there's a club in blanch but just made me angry that I couldn't play. Anyway I'm sure I'm gonna play there again! Best a luck Steven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭parkside poker

Kukucs wrote: »
    I bought in twice and went all in with AQ and get called by 97 off and and my 88 lost against K2 both from the big stack. So u suggest I should spend more 10er and hope to get lucky. That's an other sport called bingo! I'm really happy that there's a club in blanch but just made me angry that I couldn't play. Anyway I'm sure I'm gonna play there again! Best a luck Steven.

Hi kukucs
    well sorry about that i know what its like to get bad beats we all do and im sure you have done it to lol
    well i mite change the free roll a bit to your advantage some thing like you can rebuy with less then 2,500 what do you think
    im also going to do some guarantes for our games next week

Steven

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hello Kukucs,
    Welcome to boards. My experience of Parkside is nothing like you described. I found the dealers very professional & the club very well run. For €5 reg you get food at the break & drinks??? Sounds like great value to me. Do you play poker much? For a freeroll rebuy what level of play were you expecting of course you are going to get called with trash.
    If you go all in with AQ are you not happy to get called by 97 off? and if you push with 88 dont you want to be called with K2. You are favourite in both cases, you just got unlucky. But if you play long enough you know luck balances out & skill is what wins out. But for Gods sake don't expect serious play on a €10 rebuy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement