Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crank goes click... click... insanity looms

• 02-06-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Yup. Had a new one installed a couple weeks ago on my mtb as it was bent and loose and worn out and the new one was going great and smooth till this evening, click click click all the way... I thought it might be the old shimano dx spd/flat pedals which i hate so i changed them to my trusted spds had a good look at the bb without pulling anything apart, seems fine, not loose, runs fine with no load on it... still clicking when I go up the street. Do these things need a while to bed in? Will it go away and I bring my walkman for the next few rides?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

sounds like a chainring bolt or two might be loose, or perhaps the new crank spider thickness is less than the original, are you using your old chainring bolts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Yea all new shimano m590 set up; bottom bracket, rings, cranks etc. Cool, i'll look into that in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

I just might be the chain, a well worn chain on a new chainset can make this noise.
    Try swapping back to the old crankset, first.:)

Advertisement