Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University, College, Plc, etc

Options
  • 02-06-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

It's getting so depressing with the exams so close, so lets put it on the back burner for a few mins and discuss next year!

What does everyone want to do?
    What courses in uni?

I'm hopefully going to be doing arts in galway, even more hopefully i'll be doing arts with theatre and performance....but points!

So lets all say what next year holds, and what we wana do other than our uni courses! (ie plenty of nites out!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

first year of college done in galway already, serious place to go to college! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Law, don't care too much where tbh. If I had my pick it would be either Trinners or UCC. Only problem is the points :(

I'll probably end up doing economics, politics and law in DCU. 410 points last year. Sounds feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Medicine in Trinity. Not aiming high or anything.
    Failing that either Medicine in UCD/RCSI/UCC or World Religions and Theology and Psychology in Trinity. Can't decide whether I want to go to Trinity more than I want medicine! The HPAT will tell...

I feel almost as though I'm expecting too much from next year, as though as soon as the LC is over life will be perfect and fun! But apparently it can all be quite a let down and not what you expected. Not to be too depressing about it :P But my sister has told me otherwise, apparently we have fun times ahead of us. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Journalism and new media in UL but it doesn't look like I'll get 405 anyway so HPSS, English and history or english and new media are my other choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Science in UCD or DCU hopefully

EDIT: 2000th post!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

Medicine in Trinity if the Hpat went as well as I thought :rolleyes:
    Otherwise all my other choices are medical/science based.
    9/10 choices are in Dublin, so hopefully I'll be there! :D
    If not, I'm not opposed to repeating :o Tbh, the closer exams get the more I'm thinking that I'll be back...:P Ah well..

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

International Development and Food Policy at UCC if I'm lucky. My back-up course (level 7) is Applied Archaeology at Sligo. If I'm really unlucky; FETAC or... repeat! Dun dun dun. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

brian1991 wrote: »
    My back-up course (level 7) is Applied Archaeology at Sligo. :/
    i have that down as well but i dont think im that mad on it either :/

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

LovexxLife wrote: »
    i have that down as well but i dont think im that mad on it either :/

Nice. Although I took Level 8 Archaeology off my CAO list this week and put in Commerce with Chinese at UCC instead (only 305 points last year). I tried to get interested in it, and maybe I'll get the Irish Archaeology magazine (I saw it on sale at Byrne's once) here if I need to get motivated to study it. I hope the course isn't just on Irish archaeology so I can work abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

brian1991 wrote: »
    Nice. Although I took Level 8 Archaeology off my CAO list this week and put in Commerce with Chinese at UCC instead (only 305 points last year). I tried to get interested in it, and maybe I'll get the Irish Archaeology magazine (I saw it on sale at Byrne's once) here if I need to get motivated to study it. I hope the course isn't just on Irish archaeology so I can work abroad.

I have da level 8 down as well. They do world arch as well and science, they have a page on facebook with all the modules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Hopefully undenominated engineering in galway but my prefered course is computer science and I.T in galway but im thinking of just going into that in second year

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

hopefully primary teaching in either Pats/Froebel/Marino.
    Failing that, Science Education in Maynooth perhaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Computer Science & IT in Galway :)

Galway seems popular here :) Hope to see you there in september !! :D

Advertisement