If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceiling speakers and low energy 5.1 amp?

Options
  • 02-06-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for neat ceiling speakers that will "disappear" into the ceiling, plus a subwoofer and amp to make a 5.1 system.

The lot will need to have very low energy usage in standby, and be small and compact with "decent" sound. Its not the main cinema room but a sitting room that will be for general TV use, so I'll watch sport and occasional movies but I have a dedicated cinema room upstairs, so looking for a cheap to buy, cheap to run option. Im planning to put the amp next door righth behind the tv under the stairs, cables coming through the wall and IR control by coax cable in the wall, with the subwoofer hidden under a square table beside the couch.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RGSG19

Hi Steve,
    I have the same situation, how did you get on? what system did the trick for you?
    thanks RGSG

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

RGSG19 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    I have the same situation, how did you get on? what system did the trick for you?
    thanks RGSG

Hi RGSG,

I went with sonos in the end, mainly because I got a half price amp/ player that had never been used. Speakers all from the guys at richer sounds. Loads of other jobs came and went in the meantime so it's still in boxes but should be all fitted in the next few weeks.

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi RGSG.

We can supply various different systems that will sort you out.

It just depends on what flexibility you need and the budget.

If you would like me to spec a system for you, just drop me a PM with an idea of budget and we'll get to work on it.

ATB

Dave

RGSG19 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    thanks RGSG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.