Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pls help me to decide a lens

• 02-06-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello members,
    I am a newbie for photography, just starteing with nikon F80, but have no lense, pls suggest me some nice lens so that its not wideangle or telelens completly, but something nice outdoor and general photography and for low budget(may be second hand will do). please help me.thank you for havin a look.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 dathai60

would suggest a 28-80 good range should not be hard to get some second hand ones as most people have gone digital,Nikon prob best but sigma are also good also a good flash as well,check out adverts,gumtree,ebay etc.am just an amateur myself so only my opinion Happy Shooting!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Id recommend getting a 50mm f1.8 nikon lens, they generally go for about 100 euro or slightly less. On a film camera they are a good focal length for general use. If you want a 28-80mm zoom lens conns cameras have a few used ones for 75 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

You're in pretty good stead if you're looking for a normal (not too wide, not too tele) lens for a Nikon film body.

If you want to spend as little money as possible, a 50mm f/1.8 is an excellent and cheap lens that costs about €100 new and can probably be found for a little less used.

If you feel like spending a little more money, you can get either the slightly faster 50mm f/1.4 or the slightly wider 35mm f/2; both cost around €300 new.

They're all great lenses and are pretty much perfect for general photography with a film camera like yours and can be used in a wide variety of situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 praveenk16

Thank you so much for everyone for the advice, helped me well to get the right picture. thanks for the support once again.

Advertisement