Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unicycling!!!

Options
  • 02-06-2010 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey guys, a bit of a query here. I want to buy a Unicycle as a present for the boyf. He's 6"2 and I have no idea what wheel size to buy! I saw a cheapish 24" wheel unicycle on Ebay and the seller said it would suit but I thought I'd get a second opinion from the lovely folks on the Boards to help me out!

Will the seat extend enough for him, or should I look into a bigger wheel? Do wheel size even matter when it comes to a person's height?! So confused :confused:

Many thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

To see if a unicycle is right for your height you measure from crotch to floor. The tyre size isn't a huge factor when it comes to height you can buy bigger seat posts. When sitting on it if your knee is bent a bit its at a perfect height.

20" is the one people traditionaly use to learn

I'd suggest this unicycle its great to learn on nice thick tyre, most the ones I've seen come from ebay have really thin tyres and I found those really difficult when I was learning

http://www.unicycle.uk.com/shop/shopdisplayproduct.asp?catalogid=1023

Advertisement