Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

family mediation service?

Options
  • 02-06-2010 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

has anyone had sessions with the family mediation service?
    is it worthwhile attending?
    how are the meetings put together, are both parents discussing what is needed together, or seperately through councellors? are the agreements legally binding?
    things i'd like to 'make concrete' are to set visiting hours/days in the month, to discuss future plans of both us parents, to put what our kid wants from the relationship with the other parent in black and white-
    so is the family mediation approach suitable as a way of stopping the other parent from being evasive ???
    would love to hear some of your experiences...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

In practice, the other party as the mother has certain implicit rights which do not appear in any legislature but are part of the accepted norm of child-rearing in Ireland. If it helps at all you need to approach the mediation with an open mind and be as honest and articulate as you can, this will help create the platform for the mediators to accurately assess the current situation and make recommendations for the future relations between you and the mother of your child. Note - these recommendations are not legally binding. A lot of counting to ten required!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 d32

that's solid -thanks.
    yeah i can imagine there'll be a few frustrations-i arranged this so i don't blow up in a fury at the poor man anymore! he's all smoooooth talk no action...
    it'll be an interesting hopefully a trust building process.

Advertisement