Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" LCD TV

Options
  • 02-06-2010 1:23am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to spend about 300 its for a gift. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 37 turlach

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/5293545/art/samsung/le32c450-lcd-television.html

This is the best I can see about in Ireland, havent checked northern itreland tho. I'd say its worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

I'm looking for one at the moment as well (32 inch)
    This is the cheapest I could find (299) - however I'm not sure re the quality - maybe someone knows/can comment

http://www.powercity.ie/?brands=WALKER&pages=1&par=10-12

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

There is an LG one in Tesco that is meant to be fairly good, think its mentioned over on the other bargain alerts forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kev7329

turlach wrote: »
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/5293545/art/samsung/le32c450-lcd-television.html

This is the best I can see about in Ireland, havent checked northern itreland tho. I'd say its worth a look

Not bad considering:
    2 year warranty + Get the best out of your digital entertainment with the LE32C450 and its built-in MPEG4 tuner.

Do most Samsungs have an MPEG4 tuner?

BTW: I tried lookin for that link on the telly in tesco, does anyone have it?
    thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

there's one for €260? in Swans electrical in Carlow. (Ad in the Laois Nationalist newspaper). I believe it's a spurious unknown brand though, and I'd wager it's probably not full HD. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Xtra Vision have a 32" AOC for 341.99. Had one for a few months, great TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

I bought a "Hisense" 32" ex-display model in Harvey Normans two yrs ago for about €330. Had never heard of the brand, so was a bit sceptical, but have to say its a lovely tv and no probs with it. Only thing was it didnt come in its box, so not sure if id give one as a present, incase they'd think it fell off the back of a lorry:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i got a 32inch samsung for €299, its fantastic, 3 hdmi slots, scarts, 2 seperate av slots, ...etc one at the side and one set at the back, it also comes with a digital tuner. full HD, and as far as i know you can purchase at a later date an add on to make it 3D capable! plus it has a sleep timer and other fairly decent/handy features.

i got a 32inch samsung for €299, its fantastic, 3 hdmi slots, scarts, 2 seperate av slots, ...etc one at the side and one set at the back, it also comes with a digital tuner. full HD, and as far as i know you can purchase at a later date an add on to make it 3D capable! plus it has a sleep timer and other fairly decent/handy features.

Where did you get this? Sorry if you have said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I got this TV in an eBay auction, from Luzerntech - they're based in Blanchardstown, if you win the auction you collect it there. They seem to sell loads of stuff on eBay, so it could be worth keeping an eye out there. I got mine for just €225 in the end - I was shopping around for the past couple of months, and didn't see a 32" TV for anywhere close to that - in fact most of the 21" ones I saw were more expensive! I'm really happy with it. :)

By the way, I know it's a fairly unknown brand and I know nothing about electronics - but it definitely does the job, as far as I'm concerned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Where did you get this? Sorry if you have said.
    sorry i didn't :o

Westcoast in the UK :)

I got this TV in an eBay auction, from Luzerntech - they're based in Blanchardstown, if you win the auction you collect it there. They seem to sell loads of stuff on eBay, so it could be worth keeping an eye out there. I got mine for just €225 in the end - I was shopping around for the past couple of months, and didn't see a 32" TV for anywhere close to that - in fact most of the 21" ones I saw were more expensive! I'm really happy with it. :)

By the way, I know it's a fairly unknown brand and I know nothing about electronics - but it definitely does the job, as far as I'm concerned!

Had a look at Luzerntech last night, was looking at their website but they didn't have much on sale at all. Their ebay looks fantastic tho. Are all their items refurbished?

Had a look at Luzerntech last night, was looking at their website but they didn't have much on sale at all. Their ebay looks fantastic tho. Are all their items refurbished?

Mine was, but the only thing wrong with it was that the box it came in was damaged ... I rang them up to check that before I started bidding on it. They come with some sort of warranty anyways, and even if there's nothing wrong with it you can bring it back after you buy it and get a refund!

To be honest I wouldn't have been a bit bothered if it had been scratched or anything as long as it was working, at the time all I was looking for was a cheap (probably second-hand) TV, the fact that it's new and in completely perfect condition was just a bonus! :D

Also, I was well impressed with their customer service, when I was dealing with them by phone, email, and when I went to collect the TV. Oh but just one thing - you can only collect whatever you buy on Wednesday evenings, between (I think!) 5 and 8 pm.

Swear I don't work for Luzerntech, by the way ... :o

Mine was, but the only thing wrong with it was that the box it came in was damaged ... I rang them up to check that before I started bidding on it. They come with some sort of warranty anyways, and even if there's nothing wrong with it you can bring it back after you buy it and get a refund!

To be honest I wouldn't have been a bit bothered if it had been scratched or anything as long as it was working, at the time all I was looking for was a cheap (probably second-hand) TV, the fact that it's new and in completely perfect condition was just a bonus! :D

Also, I was well impressed with their customer service, when I was dealing with them by phone, email, and when I went to collect the TV. Oh but just one thing - you can only collect whatever you buy on Wednesday evenings, between (I think!) 5 and 8 pm.

Swear I don't work for Luzerntech, by the way ... :o

Thanks chatterpillar, think i'll buy from them. I'm going to keep an eye out for something larger than a 32", but cheeeeeeep.

What type of a warranty do they offer? Is it possible to get a extended warranty?

Thanks chatterpillar, think i'll buy from them. I'm going to keep an eye out for something larger than a 32", but cheeeeeeep.

What type of a warranty do they offer? Is it possible to get a extended warranty?

From an email I got from them -

New items will include a one year manufacturer's warranty (unless otherwise stated in the advert).

Refurbished items will include a 90-day warranty (unless otherwise stated in the advert).

Other Returns We accept returns on all products for any reason within 7 (seven) calendar days of receipt of your order. As long as the item is received intact and in re-saleable condition by us, we will issue you with a full refund of the price of the product including VAT.

Don't know about extended warranty!

Advertisement