Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from Digbiweb about downloading illegal files

• 02-06-2010 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi, i got a letter a few days ago from digiweb i changed from smart and had no hassle with smart, anyway i downloaded a few songs and a few days later i got a letter saying bla bla stop downloading files and we are investigating this,

Im wondering should i take this seriously and stop downloading, i only download from time to time maybe a few songs per week

thanks ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You're not going to get advice on that here, boards can't be seen to give the okay to illegal downloading dude.
    If you are not happy with your service, move

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Honestly nobody can have pity on you if you knowingly download copyright material, Digiweb are well within their rights to Terminate your service as your using is a breach of their T&C's.
    (infact all ISP's T&C's for that matter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Could you post up the body of the letter. I am kind of curious as to what they say. I am looking for a new provider and Digiweb were top of the list....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

I am looking for a new provider and Digiweb were top of the list....

All ISPs will be doing this sooner rather than latter ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

GarethBah wrote: »
    Hi, i got a letter a few days ago from digiweb i changed from smart and had no hassle with smart, anyway i downloaded a few songs and a few days later i got a letter saying bla bla stop downloading files and we are investigating this,

Im wondering should i take this seriously and stop downloading, i only download from time to time maybe a few songs per week

thanks ;)

You could download youtube videos and convert to mp3 very easily. I doubt they would complain about youtube streaming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

ZeRoY wrote: »
    All ISPs will be doing this sooner rather than latter ....

Tell that to the European Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cleeek

Could you post up the body of the letter. I am kind of curious as to what they say. I am looking for a new provider and Digiweb were top of the list....

+1 please post the letter body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

I was looking at changing to them too, but if they are doing this then I wont bother. I'll find an alternative.

theTinker wrote: »
    You could download youtube videos and convert to mp3 very easily. I doubt they would complain about youtube streaming...

A program called "Audacity" can record sound from your speakers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

https://www.ipredator.se/?lang=en

encrypts the tunnel between you and the site, and also changes your ip address. You're ISP cannot track your usage unless they contact IPRED or the website host (they would only contact IPRED if they were suspicious of really serious criminal activity, not downloading)

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS FOR ILLEGAL DOWNLOADING, IT IS A SERVICE FOR PRIVACY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS ON WEBSITES.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Cabaal wrote: »
    Honestly nobody can have pity on you if you knowingly download copyright material, Digiweb are well within their rights to Terminate your service as your using is a breach of their T&C's.
    (infact all ISP's T&C's for that matter)

Do you really think you're going to convince anyone when you talk like that though?

Advertisement