Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Body Scrub

• 02-06-2010 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I just have a wee query and was wondering if anyone could help. I have really dry skin, really really dry. To the point where every time I used to shower, I wouldn't be able to sleep that night because my skin would be so dry and itchy, even with litres of moisturiser.

But then I started using the ESPA body scrubs...and my life literally changed. If I used that when showering the scrub would clean my skin nicely and the oil worked to soothe my skin better than any moisturiser. The only problem for me now is the price...it's €50 a pop. I just can't afford it anymore.

I've tried so many other brands, but the scrub always seems so weak that it turns more into a paste than scrubs and the oil of it doesn't help at all. I've tried using exfoliating mitts with the scrubs, which helps a bit, but the oil isn't enough to soothe my skin. I'm back to a horribly uncomfortable, itchy mess :(

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good/strong body scrub that doesn't cost the earth? What I'm looking for probably doesn't exist, but I can only hope! :) Really appreciate any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

You could possibly make up a scrub using sugar or sea salt and some almond oil (inexpensive, from chemists) and experiment with the ratio of oil to sugar/salt? They use almond oil on baby's cradle cap and similar so it would probably be good for dry skin.

Another moisturiser for dry skin that might be good is La Roche Posay Lipikar Baum, it has something in it to calm down itching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I had the same problem as yourself and now after a shower/bath, when I am dripping wet I put loads of baby oil on my body and leave it so soak in for a few minutes, then after a few minutes, I use a very soft towel to rub the baby oil off my body and then I put the E45 cream on.

For body scrubs, I recommend the following (I have used them) and I find them brilliant. You can get them in Boots and they range in price from €6 up to €15 iirc.

Orange Oil Body Scrub
    Foaming Cream Scrub
    Moisturising Butter Scrub

Once or twice a week I always use exfoliation gloves.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Blue_Light

Thanks a million guys, I'll try making one myself and I'll definitely pick up one of the sanctuary ones as well as a back up! Hopefully it works :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Or check out Lush. You can get sugar scrubs and things in there and they're really good, imo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I second the Lush idea, they have one called Buffy which moisturises your skin as it scrubs away!

• Advertisement

Soap and Glory Flake away is just fantastic.

Also + a gazillion for lipikar baume moisturiser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Have you tried Botanics Moisturising Sugar Scrub?

I've found it works really well - it really softens up my skin and polishes it, but the fact that it's quite 'oily', I find it doesn't dry out my skin like other exfoliators. It's not that expensive, so could be worth a try?

On the negative side, I find it quite difficult to get as it appears to be quite popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I use that Botanics one. My legs were really really dry. My skin felt tight and itchy. I used the Botanics one once and it got rid of all my problems. I actually bought an intensive moisturiser to use with it but I found that I didn't need it.

It comes in a big tub and if any of it falls off in the shower while using it it doesn't disolve and can be scooped back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Soap and Glory Flake away is just fantastic.

Also + a gazillion for lipikar baume moisturiser

Soap and glory flake away is really fantastic, i only recently purchased some in Boots after loads of people telling me about it. I bought the Soap and Glory Righteous body Butter with it and i swear it's amazing. My skin is as smooth now!
    I think it's on special in Boots at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement