Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old beer kegs.

• 02-06-2010 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Has anyone any idea where one could get an old beer keg. Thinking of making a keg-a-cue over the summer.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I have seen them at recycling centers, weather they will sell/give then to you that another matter.

Try contacting Diageo that mush have hundred going out of serves every year that may sell it to you at scrap price or even give one away only one way to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Capt Blackadder

Thanks for the reply. Rang both Guinness and Heineken. The reply I got was that the reuse the kegs. Which I already knew. They both gave the impresion that they do this indefinitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Yea it would have to be damaged keg mostly likely with a very bad dent that will effect their sterilization proceed or a puncher in the keg

My be still worth looking around your local county council recycling center, they usually have a metal drop of section and you can be surprised what you can find!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

if you know any one with a bar in their house they will have a few about as they have no obligation to return them as they get them of a third party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

OP, send PM and we can see can we get one or more to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ring around scrap yards. I got some copper pipe in one near dublin city centre before for next to nothing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Ask companies who supply kegs around your area too, if they get them back from a pub damaged they might not bother returning them to Diageo(or whoever).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Ask your local publican?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Has anyone any idea where one could get an old beer keg. Thinking of making a keg-a-cue over the summer.

Well Capt Blackadder, did you get your keg-a-cue working over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Capt Blackadder

Depressurised it. Waiting for a loan of some power tools off a friend. Should be in business soon. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement