If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you quote me please

Options
  • 02-06-2010 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

OK

after doing a bit of homework, I was wondering if you folks could quote me on the following

37 or 40" LED TV
    Decent contrast ratio and refresh rate
    Decent response time
    Needs to be networkable (so cat5 or wi-fi)

2. Freesat HD recorder, preferably HUMAX but if you had one that supports wireless I'd be keen.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

ill get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Dnme

Appologies for the delay in getting to you - 03:25 in the am you must be nocternal!

Have a gander at this, the 40PFL7605H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl7605h_05/40pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its a 40" (also available in 37" due this week) LED Edge LIt LCD TV
    100Hz refresh rate
    2ms response time
    500000:1 contrast ration
    has an ethernet port on the back so can be plugged into your router/network etc.
    Its an all round gorgeous TV:).

The 40PFL7605H sells for €1299.99 and the 37" version sells for €999.99

We have the new SAGEM Freesat boxes with 500gb harddrive for €299.99
    John Mc has posted up about these on the site - they have been VERY POPULAR over last week, Boardies are scooping them up.

I have the 40PFL7605H in stock and on display if you'd like to check it out.

I'll pm you prices

ATB and sorry again for delay
    Ash

Many thanks Ashley, pm received

Need to stew over this for a while

no worries

HAve a read of the spec and let me know what you think

Cheers
    Ash

Oh I should add that the 7 series TV's come with a 4 year warranty if purchased before 31st July

ash

• Advertisement

Ashley,

are these two tellies the exact same spec (except for physical size)?

EDIT: Ive just founf the pdf specs here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055893554

Yep one and the same spec wise just screen size differences

ash

Ash

reading the spec of the 37". It states 100hz but in the specs, it lists all compabible resulotions and formats and the highest refresh rate listed htere is 60hz.

Can you explain? also I am aware of the race by manufacturers to up the refresh rates in an attempt to cure judder and flicker. Is it worth waiting for 120/240/480 ? Is there a massive difference?

Hi Dnme

This TV is indeed a 100Hz model

I think your confusion is arising from reading the SUPPORTED DISPLAY RESOLUTIONS in the spec.
    This is a list of the commomn, and not so common, resolutions and refresh rates found on the actual discs themselves.
    The majority of Blu-Ray discs are encoded at 1080p/24Hz
    Some, and I think one of the Music BR discs I picked up in the states are 1080i 60Hz.
    I have a little HD camcorder that records at 1080i and you can select either 24/30Hz The TV will happily handle these no worries.

Nothing is actually recorded at 100Hz.

Your correct in saying munfacturers are using higher refresh rates to help reduce judder and the like and we will have 200Hz refresh rates on our new 8605 Series and 400Hz on the new 9705 series TV's

It should be noted that other processes can help reduce Judder in conjunction with higher refresh rates, such as better image processors, faster response times on the actual LCD panel themselves etc - some early 100Hz TV's wer not all that great....

Hope that helps a little

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Dnme

The 37PFL7605H has just landed into me today should you be interested.
    The price is as per the pm I sent you yesterday evening.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Dnme

The 37PFL7605H has just landed into me today should you be interested.
    The price is as per the pm I sent you yesterday evening.

atb
    Ash
    Hi Ash,

I sent u a cpl of pm's yesterday evening, did you rec?

Hi Dnme

I should have answered all your pm's now.
    If I missed any please let me know and I'll answer straight away
    atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.