Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ability To Block PMs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Nah. Zaph gave the user permission to post on the thread but he contacted me by Pm to clarify instead. If he wasn't going to name himself, I sure as hell wasn't risking the ban. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

When he PM'd me and I couldn't reply I considered a thread like this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sigsnipper

Xavi6 wrote: »
    There is an option on boards for folk to block PMs if they don't wish to receive them. It's a great idea for some and I'm sure they find it beneficial.

However I feel that these people should also not have the ability to send PMs. There are examples of users PMing people with their opinions then, because they don't allow PMs, they don't have to deal with the response. It is very annoying when you are sent something ludicrous (which even contains a question!) yet can't respond.

Is this abuse of the system on the part of the sender or just part and parcel of the function?

Basically I'm suggesting an all or nothing system with regard to PMs.
    Xavi the problem I think is down to the template. There are so many boxes to tick in the options menu that sometimes posters forget to tick or de tick them all. Yeah would agree with you that it needs to be addressed but at it stands poster can send PMS and disable others. And it can be for many reasons as well.

Sigsnipper wrote: »
    Xavi the problem I think is down to the template. There are so many boxes to tick in the options menu that sometimes posters forget to tick or de tick them all. Yeah would agree with you that it needs to be addressed but at it stands poster can send PMS and disable others. And it can be for many reasons as well.

Hi SOTS, how are you?

Hi SOTS, how are you?
    Should get his original account site banned for a couple of weeks for them sorta shenanigans IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Bonito wrote: »
    Should get his original account site banned for a couple of weeks for them sorta shenanigans IMO.
    Its a long term siteban.

Kiera wrote: »
    Its a long term siteban.
    He is banned?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

To be janey! Tom did it. The penny drops when Tom has to do it! The man's a virtual teddy bear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement