Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owed money

Options
  • 02-06-2010 6:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Guys,

Not sure if Im posting this in the right place or not but I have a bit of a problem with my former employer.

Basicaly in February they tried to change our contract to commission only (losing upwards of 20K a year), gave us no choice but to accept and refused to issue us a new contract with new terms and conditions.

I handed in my months notice the next day as I was fed up anyway and it twisted my hand to go travelling (living in Seoul for the year and love it).

Anyways I am stil owed upwards of 3K from this company. Because we got paid monthly and i worked a few days in March - to bump up my commission figures - I was exp[ecting this to be paid the end of April. However late April,Early May they went into voluntary liquidation (sneakily paying the employees the day before as Im sure the two lads running hoped for a quick case and reopen straight away, and arranged the creditors meeting without informing most creditors....like me)

Everything has been completely up in the air, Im contacting former workmates who say they know nothing...etc., but i dont believe them. Im also not getting any response to texts or emails from the bosses or former GM, plus there is very little info on the web.

I have emails with the exact figures, job numbers, promises of what im getting paid and when on my personal email addres from after i left.

Obviously im abroad now so I cant realy get any info from CIC or the web....and they are reluctant to speak to family members on my behalf.

I've completely given up on the money at this stage, this is a last act of desperation if you wil, but it annoys the hel outta me when i think of the barefaced lies and sneaky way the company was run for the last few months. Id love to put al the details up but cant.

Does anyone know is there any method at all that I haven't tried that could be of help?

Many thanks for any help at al.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Contact the liquidators of the company and make sure to register a claim. They should be able to tell you the situation. I'm not sure, but I think that the cash is not there you should be able to claim it of the social....

Jim

Advertisement