Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody up for running the beach

• 02-06-2010 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I was just wondering are there any gals that would be interested in short daily runs, not largely intense but just long enough to gradually get back inot shape. I have started last week and I'm determined to get fit again, the only concern I have is that I will loose motivation to carry on that's why i need someone to push me in case I get lazy plus it's more fun to run with the compay. Let me know if u r up for it.

Agpas***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Not totally related but there are plenty of organised group runs going on in the city at the moment. They're the perfect way to keep motivated as somebody else organises it, you just have to show up! All abilities are catered for as well.

For some you might have to join a club to get into the club training but the cost isn't much considering the membership will last for a year.

Waterford AC have training scheduled every week. Info here.

I'm in the Carrick Triathlon Club and we have running training every Wednesday at 6:30pm. The current club members' fitness and abilities really differ, ranging from ridiculously fast and fit, to some just starting running in the past few months. So nobody will feel out of place.

Balance Fitness also organise running groups.

So there's plenty out there if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

Which beach is this? me and my friend would often run out in Tramore, but we're not gals so... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭flan59

www.waterfordac.com

Monday Beginner Track Session for Adults from 7.30pm - 8.30pm at the Regional Sports Centre. Great Way to start as it is a coached running session with 3 level of fitness.

Tuesday Improver/Competing Athletes at RSC 5:45 for 6:00pm with 5K recovery run (optional) after

Casual 4 to 6 mile road run starting at the RSC at 7:00pm. This is just a casual get together, anyone can come along and join in, all categories take part.

Wednesday Casual 4 to 6 mile road run in Tramore starting opposite the Majestic Hotel at 6:30pm
    Beginner track session at RSC at 7:30pm

Thursday Casual 4 to 6 mile road run starting at the RSC at 7:00pm. This is the same as Tue night

Times for the weekend runs are a bit variable depending on who is doing them and as the distance increases the start times get earlier

Saturday run from the RSC, most Saturdays, similar to the Tue/Thur runs but abit longer, but you can do what you feel comfortable with

Saturday Long run 6 to 10 miles from the Woodlands hotel at 9:30am

Sunday Long run 11 to 15 miles from the Woodlands hotel at 8:30am

Advertisement