Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very very basic photoshop question

Options
  • 02-06-2010 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies for this rookie question, just teaching myself the CS programmes.

I'm doing a line art piece in Photoshop, and after I've hit stroke path my line appears but it's transparent. It's a very light see through black. I've adjusted everyting I can think of - brushes, colour etc...

I don't know what else to do! I want the lines to be solid black as it's a portrait I'm doing and a have a very specific look in mind,

Can you help?

Thanks a mil
    Fly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

Chech the opacity and make sure its at 100%
    photoshop-opacity.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭flycruise

Ya I did that and no difference.... anything else I could be doing ar5eways?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

Have you checked opacity and flow of brush up the top?

mmm, i'm not sure, I'll have to check that out when I get home.... thanks a mil for the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

flycruise wrote: »
    Hi all,

Apologies for this rookie question, just teaching myself the CS programmes.

I'm doing a line art piece in Photoshop, and after I've hit stroke path my line appears but it's transparent. It's a very light see through black. I've adjusted everyting I can think of - brushes, colour etc...

I don't know what else to do! I want the lines to be solid black as it's a portrait I'm doing and a have a very specific look in mind,

Can you help?

Thanks a mil
    Fly

Are you using a brush with some alpha masking or some sort of gradient stroke?

I guess a quick fix could be to duplicate the layer a good few times until you get the result you want then merge the layers?

good luck.

• Advertisement

KeelanM90, you were spot on, the opacity and flow were only at 50% each, THANKS A MIL!

I will master this eventually!

Thanks again
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 donallen194

KeelanM90 wrote: »
    Chech the opacity and make sure its at 100%
    photoshop-opacity.gif

Thanks for great helpful reply because i have some problem
    Thanks
    Don Allen

Sorry guys, nearly there with this project now - enjoying it although it's taking me so long to do it! Practice i guess..

Anyway, now that i have my line art piece done, how do I save it so that i can take it to a photo print shop?

What's the best format to save in?

Again apologies for these basic q's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Save it as a JPEG in CMYK instead of RGB.

Advertisement