Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please recommend me an LCD monitor between 100 and 200 euros

• 02-06-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Buying a dell desktop off a friend at the moment, and its a great deal, the only thing is it doesn't come with a monitor.

I need an HDMI compatible monitor, with two inputs because I also want to play my xbox through it. I would like it to support 1080hp. Size doesn't really matter :pac: but I would like it to be between 20" and 24" inches.

Being able to get it pretty quickly after ordering would also be a bonus.

Would appreciate your help with this one folks, I haven't bought a new computer in a while (6 years) and I'm a bit out of touch with newer technology.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭simoniz

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Buying a dell desktop off a friend at the moment, and its a great deal, the only thing is it doesn't come with a monitor.

I need an HDMI compatible monitor, with two inputs because I also want to play my xbox through it. I would like it to support 1080hp. Size doesn't really matter :pac: but I would like it to be between 20" and 24" inches.

Would appreciate your help with this one folks, I haven't bought a new computer in a while (6 years) and I'm a bit out of touch with newer technology.
    Buy Samsung model you won't be disappointed:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I cant help you with a specific one but I can offer some advice.

Re. Xbox: you could get a VGA cable for the xbox, it would be pretty difficult to tell teh difference in quality between it an HDMI

Re. HDMI: Monitor doesnt specifically need a HDMI input for HDMI devices to work with it. HDMI to DVI cables are pretty cheap these days too. IMPORTANT: Get a monitor that supports HDCP to ensure all HDMI devices work.

Have you considered sound? Do you have external speakers or are you looking for your monitor to handle that too?

I bought a 23" 1080p of dell in march for €160. I also have a 22" LG from a few years ago. I slightly prefer the layout of the LG as there is a button to switch between sources, while its a menu option on the dell (press menu, move down to settings, select source kind of thing, while its one button on the LG), saying that the dell does a fairly good job auto selecting the sources.

At one stage I had an xbox, pc and PS3 working on the LG monitor. I got a DVI switch on ebay for about €13 for the PC and PS3 and used a VGA cable for the 360. For sound I used one of these and only used the sound ports, connected to my AUX in of my hi-fi. It was handy not needing to plug in different wires every time i wanted to use something different

Advertisement