Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever Met The Stars....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

David Coverdale - Met him after a Whitesnake gig in Liverpool in 2008. So cool and suave. He talks so cool too. Really nice bloke, to the fans anyway... Dunno, but he's supposed to treat band members badly!!!

Michael Schenker - Met the man, shook his hand, got the autograph and a photo. Pure cool, with RayBans, the blond hair, the leather jacket... and nary a word of English (maybe it was heavily accented English, but I couldn't understand a word he said!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Met Sepultura in 2006 when they supported In Flames in the Ambassador.

I'm not a fan of In Flames at all. We stayed for a few songs, but it just reaffirmed that they weren't our cup of tea so we left. Went to the chipper across the road, and as we waited at the counter for our grub, Roy Mayorga walked in (he was deputising for Igor at the time, who's wife just had a baby) followed by Andreas Kisser. After taking photos and all the rest we went outside, and lagging behind the other guys was none other than Derrick Green. Over the freakin moon I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

The first band member I met was Phil Labonte from All That Remains, but as I was young and never seen any videos of theres I didnt even know who I was talking to. Met all of Trivium after that concert for the 1st time.
    This was outside the ambassador

I've also met all of all of Killswitch Engage outside the Ambassador. Along with Trivium again and the Haunted. Although none of these compare to meeting Serj Tankian after his gig outside the Ambassador it was surreal. He seems so quiet when you meet him.

Then i went to see Trivium a 3rd time in Derry, in a really small venue can't remember the name though. Me and 1 friend stayed in the Travel Lodge in the city. The morning of the concert we said we would go find the venue. We got there and there was a cafe beside the venue. We went in for a cup of tea and a big tour bus pulled up outside. So we went out to see what who it was and it turned out to be Trivium. We went back in as it was like minus 2 outside. About 15 minutes later Paulo and Travis come into the cafe for breakfast and sat at the table literally 4 feet away from us. We eventually met all the band but later on outside the front door of the venue all the band came out and it seemed as though we were the only ones to see Travis that day because he got swarmed by the crowd. I looked beside me and Matt Heafy was standing, this concert was in November or December '08 right after COD World at War came out. So I asked Matt if he had got it seeing as he player COD4 but he said he was getting it for christmas, and wasn't sure if he would enjoy playing it seeing as he would be shooting Japanese and let out a laugh. The day after the concert we found out The Haunted stayed in the same Travel Lodge as we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The day after the concert we found out The Haunted stayed in the same Travel Lodge as we had.

Nice to see the Haunted are taking care of themselves. No point sleeping on a bus when the Travelodge is just around the corner lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Met Sepultura in 2006 when they supported In Flames in the Ambassador.

I'm not a fan of In Flames at all. We stayed for a few songs, but it just reaffirmed that they weren't our cup of tea so we left. Went to the chipper across the road, and as we waited at the counter for our grub, Roy Mayorga walked in (he was deputising for Igor at the time, who's wife just had a baby) followed by Andreas Kisser. After taking photos and all the rest we went outside, and lagging behind the other guys was none other than Derrick Green. Over the freakin moon I was.

I remember that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Satriani
    Noel Galagher
    John Petrucci
    Bon Jovi
    Extreme
    Lulu
    Malcolm Mc Laren
    Martyn Ware
    Right Said Fred :)
    Mungo Jerry
    Billy Idol
    Manic Street Preachers
    The Nolans
    Bay City Rollers
    Chas n Dave
    Lemmy
    and many more....

Perks of working in Music Shop in Denmark Street London and in a London recording Studio when I was young :)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Met Phil Lynott in Rose Hill Hotel (now Hotel Kilkenny) in 84.He was playing with Grand Slam at the time. Myself and a few mates blagged our way into the residents bar for a few pints,and who should be at the bar but the bould Philo himself.We nearly **** ourselves but we had a couple of pints with him all the same.He was pretty wasted at the time,on the downward spiral methinks.And all this was after seeing Lizzy at Slane.Life couldnt have been any better. Oh,and have his autograph on the flap of a 20 Major box to this day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Met Phil Lynott in Rose Hill Hotel (now Hotel Kilkenny) in 84.He was playing with Grand Slam at the time. Myself and a few mates blagged our way into the residents bar for a few pints,and who should be at the bar but the bould Philo himself.We nearly **** ourselves but we had a couple of pints with him all the same.He was pretty wasted at the time,on the downward spiral methinks.And all this was after seeing Lizzy at Slane.Life couldnt have been any better. Oh,and have his autograph on the flap of a 20 Major box to this day!

Heroic post with a heroic ending! :pac:

I'd love to have met him. What was he like, was there much of an ego or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Met Dani Filth and Nicholas Ba$tard (1st drummer with Cradle Of Filth) back at the old Temple Bar Music Centre in '98.

Had a couple pints with Dave Edmondson of Neurosis at the Music Centre in '99, also met the rest of the band, nabbed autographs. Voivod played the same gig and again got some autographs.

Same venue..(was a hotspot for metal bands! :D) again got autographs and chatted with Sick Of It All in '99.

Some dude from I think, the band Vomitory?? They supported Cannibal Corpse.

Jaysus..I need to have a good think, has to be more!

Rockee wrote: »
    chatted with Sick Of It All in '99.

Sounds like a great name for a leg of a pissed off Metallica tour, when they've had enough of performing or are forced to do it by their record company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Sounds like a great name for a leg of a pissed off Metallica tour, when they've had enough of performing or are forced to do it by their record company

:D Nah thatll be the name of the 2015 World Magnetic leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

After Monday night i can now add a new band to my list. None other than the guys who've been my musical heroes for the last 21 years,Metallica!!!!!

P6140211.JPG

P6140160.JPG

P6140161.JPG

P6140192.JPG

lord lucan wrote: »
    After Monday night i can now add a new band to my list. None other than the guys who've been my musical heroes for the last 21 years,Metallica!!!!!

P6140160.JPG

Well done, I'm really jealous, it's hard to look at James seriously anymore when he wears that hat. You know the wife forced it upon him lol

But I'm chuffed for you man, hope to join the fan club next week or thereabouts, I've been meaning to do so for a while, and get myself some privilege

Also....I never taught you'd be that much older then me:eek:

No offence

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Heroic post with a heroic ending! :pac:

I'd love to have met him. What was he like, was there much of an ego or whatever?
    He was just a typical down to earth Dub having a few pints. No ego whatsoever but he had some presence about him-you just knew you were in the company of a legend.

Also....I never taught you'd be that much older then me:eek:

No offence

I'm only a young fella,35 isn't old!:pac:

I'm only a young fella,35 isn't old!:pac:

I'm only 10 years behind you - I'm not saying that's old, you're just older then I expected I guess

I suppose innocently I expect everyone on this board to be around my age or younger lol

Which I'll probably receive a torrent of abuse for now

I'm only 10 years behind you - I'm not saying that's old, you're just older then I expected I guess

I suppose innocently I expect everyone on this board to be around my age or younger lol

Which I'll probably receive a torrent of abuse for now

Judging from some of the gigs some boardsies have mentioned they've attended over the years i reckon there's a few 'older' posters here.:)

Judging from some of the gigs some boardsies have mentioned they've attended over the years i reckon there's a few 'older' posters here.:)
    Yep! I wasnt in a pram at the first Slane:D:D:D:D

Yep! I wasnt in a pram at the first Slane:D:D:D:D

Lol,i was a grown up 17 at Slane!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

only famous musicians i met were mike patton mike bordin and billy gould.. was only really talking to bordin tho, signed my ticket, what a man! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I've told ya before - stop calling me old Lucan :p

and Crue, I'm saying nothing more.......if you think he's old, I'm screwed....:pac:

not a musician, but I stood a couple of feet from Woody Harrelson at lunchtime - didn't want to ruin his day by sticking a greasy hand out in his direction, I was munching away on some pizza on my way back to work and there he was beside me on Dawson St.....scruffy fecker :-)

hoping to meet some bands at the High Voltage Fest next month......would be cool....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 violator

In my work i've met loads of people -some nice others not so,

Dave, Martin & Fletcher -Depeche mode, (twice)
    Bono, Edge - U2 (several times)
    Nancy Cartwright - Bart (twice) 1 time nice, 2nd time VERY odd !!!
    Jermaine Jackson -
    Latoya Jackson -
    Ian Brown -
    Vince Vaughn - (the RUDEST guy i ever met)
    Brendan Gleeson -
    Jon Voight -
    Benicio Del Toro -
    Steven Baldwin -
    Florence Welch (florence and the machine)
    Pixie Lott -
    Rhianna -
    Michael Stipe -
    Pele -
    Quentin Tarantino -
    Jackie Chan -
    Sammo Heung -
    Lee Evans -
    Ricky Gervais -
    Billy Connolly -
    Ricky Tomlinson -
    Gary Barlow (Take That)
    James L Brooks -
    Samuel L Jackson (Another RUDE & arrogant git)
    Ryan Giggs -
    Ozzy Osbourne -
    Cillian Murphy -
    Anika Noni Rose - (actress Disney, Princess & frog)
    Gordon Ramsay -
    Boris Becker -
    Kerry Katona (does she count ??? )
    Michael Barrymore (Hmmmmm... does he...lol)
    Anjelica Huston -
    Leonard Cohen -
    Christopher Mintz-Plasse (MacLovin/Red Mist)
    Aaron Johnson - (Kick Ass)
    Keith Duffy -
    Kevin Godley -
    Gay Byrne -
    Andrea Corr -
    Henrik Larsson -
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic -
    Ronaldo (Brazil)
    Dida, Cafu, Carlos, Leonardo, Robinho (Brazil)
    Gerry Ryan (R.I.P)
    Eric Cantona -
    Lee Sharpe -
    Jim Broadbent -
    Enya -
    Rod Stewart -

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

And your work is.....??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 violator

scudzilla wrote: »
    And your work is.....??

STALKER.....lol.

(Photographer) :-)

Lol,i was a grown up 17 at Slane!:pac:
    Not at the first one you were'nt:D

Not at the first one you were'nt:D

I was probably only making my communion when the first gig was played at Slane!:pac:

I was probably only making my communion when the first gig was played at Slane!:pac:
    Funny thing is ,I WAS 17 at that gig:D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:

Funny thing is ,I WAS 17 at that gig:D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:

Auld fella!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I've met Chris Cornell, Tyler connoly from theory of a deadman and Rick Astley through my dad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Misfit Mum

I met the DeLeo brothers and Eric Kretz from Stone Temple Pilots last week after their gig at the Olympia.
    Real gentlemen and total dream come true :)

Advertisement