Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling Weekly Bargains section

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I think we should have a sub-forum for weekly bargains.

I sometimes wonder what the world is coming to though when I see thousand pound wheels considered bargains. We're living in strange times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Morgan wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder what the world is coming to though when I see thousand pound wheels considered bargains.

They're only £500 each.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Morgan wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder what the world is coming to though when I see thousand pound wheels considered bargains. We're living in strange times.

Just For you then Morgan

Fulcrum 7's for £119
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/buyandsell/1/bargainsoftheweek.html#fulcrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

this looks like a good bargain, looks like a hybrid box/bag:

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/polaris-cargo-bike-bag-with-hard-base-and-wheels-id43967.html

For any one on a budget when travelling with there bike this could be a good solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Thanks RF, after another puncture last night (arrgh), think i ll buy the pair of GP4000's.

quick question, any difference between the pair half way down and those 2nd last?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

At the risk of sounding like a shill, I find Merlin good for the odd bargain (although they do have a 5 euro postal charge on cheaper orders).

I've been looking at the Michelin Pro 3 Race - 2 for 53 euro (+5 shipping), recommended to me by aidan.offbeat as a good racing tyre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a shill, I find Merlin good for the odd bargain (although they do have a 5 euro postal charge on cheaper orders).

I've been looking at the Michelin Pro 3 Race - 2 for 53 euro (+5 shipping), recommended to me by aidan.offbeat as a good racing tyre.
    seems like a good site, relatively cheap too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Could we get a bargain Alerts thread ? Or do we have one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Junior wrote: »
    Could we get a bargain Alerts thread ? Or do we have one ?

We don't really have one.

I'm not really fussed either way, but there is generally pressure to keep the number of "sticky" threads to a minimum, from people using mobile phones or who don't like scrolling.

Since the information ages pretty quickly I'm not sure there's much need to keep it all together over time.

Advertisement