Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses "Announce" 3 French Dates [Tickets On Sale Now]

Options
  • 02-06-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

More European Tourdates Added

2369.jpg

http://billetterie.gdp.fr/index2.php

French promoter Gérard Drouot announced today on their site that GN'R would come for 3 concerts in September and October in France :

- Amnéville, Le Galaxie, 09.10
    - Paris Bercy, 09.13
    - Lille, Zénith, 10.02

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lille for my birthday:o Not really, but could. European tour starting end August then, continuing throughout till October it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So tickets for Paris are 50-70euro, guess ours will be 70-90 then :rolleyes:

Not payin that for a GnR cover band. Seen the original 5 back in 88, that was GnR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not payin that for a GnR cover band. Seen the original 5 back in 88, that was GnR

While I agree its not Guns N' Roses, there's a majesty about Axl Rose, his performance is what you are paying for - not that of the band - and he has managed to assemble some extremely talented musicians to perform songs both old and new, yes, this tour is playing a lot of new songs so they are moving on in their own way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

While I agree its not Guns N' Roses, there's a majesty about Axl Rose, his performance is what you are paying for - not that of the band - and he has managed to assemble some extremely talented musicians to perform songs both old and new, yes, this tour is playing a lot of new songs so they are moving on in their own way

Totally disagree with you there about there being a majesty around Axl.

I've seen them twice since the split, at Leeds Festival and Donington, and i went to both to see other bands, NOT GnR. On both occasions Axl acted like a spoilt brat, came onstage at Leeds 2hrs late, and at Donington walked off because his 'Dancing' area by his mic was a bit wet.
    I think his exact words were "You can't do you're fcukin job, i'm not gonna do mine" (aimed at his crew) then went off for 10 minutes.

The guy is a complete tool, do i really wanna risk paying 70odd euro in the hope that he makes it on stage on time? Or in the hope that something doesn't piss him off an he walks offstage. Nah, i'm happy wit my memories of seeing the original GnR line up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Totally disagree with you there about there being a majesty around Axl.

I've seen them twice since the split, at Leeds Festival and Donington, and i went to both to see other bands, NOT GnR. On both occasions Axl acted like a spoilt brat, came onstage at Leeds 2hrs late, and at Donington walked off because his 'Dancing' area by his mic was a bit wet.
    I think his exact words were "You can't do you're fcukin job, i'm not gonna do mine" (aimed at his crew) then went off for 10 minutes.

The guy is a complete tool, do i really wanna risk paying 70odd euro in the hope that he makes it on stage on time? Or in the hope that something doesn't piss him off an he walks offstage. Nah, i'm happy wit my memories of seeing the original GnR line up

Saw them(him) in the RDS in 2006. He came onstage bang on 8pm and played right through till about 1030. A couple of times during the show, he did demand people come on stage to clean it with towels.

I think his attitude stems back to the original band. They let him away with murder, and he still treats people the same way.

Great frontman - utter t0$$€r.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I wouldn't pay any more than €40 for tickets tbh. Slash is charging €42 for his vicar st. date and tbh I would rather see his solo band than Axl's

I've seen them twice since the split, at Leeds Festival and Donington, and i went to both to see other bands, NOT GnR.

I feel so sorry for you that you happened to catch the band's two worst, and most publicized, UK appearances since the turn of the Millennium

The band have performed several successful tours and about a hundred plus successful shows asides from these two and these two always come back to haunt them

We may have to change the title of this thread to Guns N' Roses European Tour 2010, as we have two more dates announced, tickets for the second date are on sale this Saturday - Vienna tickets currently on sale online

18th Sep 2010 - Wien, Austria
    http://www.oeticket.com/portal/de/konzerte/rock_pop/guns_n_roses/68865/

Oct 3rd 2010 - Arnhem, Netherlands
    http://www.livenation.nl/event/16245/guns-n-roses-tickets

Hopefully we'll get an Irish date by this time next week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Indoors this time??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Indoors this time??

+1 on this. Would love to see them in the O2. Went to their Toronto show earlier in the year and have been waiting for an Irish date to be announced ever since then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I'll be going and I don't care what price the ticket is. Well worth it. Oh and to the people coming into this thread just to bash the band, get a life. Do you also go into the threads of all the other bands on here that you don't like to troll.

08.27 - Reading, England
    08.29 - Leeds, England
    09.04 - Rome, Italy @ Palalottomatica
    09.05 - Milan, Italy @ Mediolanum Forum
    09.08 - Zurich, Switzerland @ Hallenstadion
    09.10 - Amneville, France @ Le Galaxie Arena
    09.13 - Paris, France @ Bercy Arena
    09.16 - Genève, Switzerland @ Geneve Arena
    09.18 - Vienna, Austria @ Wiener Stadthalle Arena
    09.23 - Belgrade, Serbia @ Belgrade Arena
    09.24 - Zagreb, Crotia @ Arena Hall
    10.02 - Zenith, France @ Grand Paladis
    03.10 - Arnhem, Netherlands @ GelreDome XS
    10.09 - Madrid, Spain @ Palacio de Vistalegre
    10.10 - San Sebastian, Spain @ Velódromo de Anoeta
    10.13 - Zaragoza, Spain @ Pabellón Príncipe Felipe
    10.14 - Barcelona, Spain @ Palau Olímpic de Badalona

My money is on a Corn Exchange date, in Edinburgh, either in-between Leeds and Reading or just before Reading itself

http://www.theedgefestival.com/ - This is the festival that brought Faith No More last year, let's see what happens when they launch in the next few days

An Irish date looks very likely though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I just recieved a text about them playin in the o2 on the 1st sept source is usually credible trying to follow it up now!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

I just recieved a text about them playin in the o2 on the 1st sept source is usually credible trying to follow it up now!

Just heard Ian Dempsey confirm an Irish gig on 1st. September on his show there. Didn't catch the venue but I'd reckon it'll be the O2.

Edit: Definitly the O2.

Playing the Odyssey in Belfast 31st August as well.

Advertisement