Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a complaint to Management Company

Options
  • 02-06-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys need a bit of help been living in an apartment about 6 months so really love the place very quiet and safe for me the wife and little child! But about two weeks ago we had renters move into a ground floor apartment , now as much as the rest of us lock the door out to the common area/internal courtyard they leave it open cause its a short cut to there back door, also they are sitting outside till all hours drinking and even during the day sitting in the middle of the common area drinking beer!! Its worrying cause these are a family and they have no regard for there kids!!

Im worried if I complain will they know it was me?
    These people dont work and To be honest are scum bags so id be afraid if they found out something be done to my car or I wouldnt want my wife to be hassaled if she was out with our child when im in work!!

Any help be great!!

Many thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

is there a rule against leaving that door open ? If not I dont think you can complain.

as much as you dislike their behaviour and they dont sound very desirable I dont think you can do much. As unappealing it is to have these guys out drinking there during the day Id imagine again its not against the rules.

Tough situation but I dont think the management company can do anything. Could be wrong though Paul W is generally an expert on these kind of matters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

There is a sign saying please keep this door locked to protect your personal belongings and so on!!!
    The house rules state no noise between 12midnight and 9am!!!
    Just dont wanna complain and then get battered:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ring up your management company and ask if you complain does your name or address get told to the people you're complaining about.

Signs to keep a door closed are useless. Why not suggest a mechanism be put on the door that it always closes and locks by itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    There is a sign saying please keep this door locked to protect your personal belongings and so on!!!

A friendly reminder to this family via the management company, who by the way, won't mention your name, should influence their behaviour.

This family can be evicted if they don't follow the house rules, that's the whole point of the house rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Oliver1985 wrote: »

And you wonder why they had (and still have) so much problems selling those apartments. The developer (Albany Homes) don't give a fcuk. And to think mgt fees are up on 1.6k a year :rolleyes: It scandalous. I'm sorry for your troubles and hope it works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

stepbar wrote: »
    And you wonder why they had (and still have) so much problems selling those apartments. The developer (Albany Homes) don't give a fcuk. And to think mgt fees are up on 1.6k a year :rolleyes: It scandalous. I'm sorry for your troubles and hope it works out.

What has the developer or management fees got to do with my post?
    Anyone can rent beside anyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tell the management that someone is constantly leaving the door open* and that some new people are engaged in anti-social behaviour. No need to name names.

* 'Its not so clear, but I assume this is a security issue.

Advertisement