Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First ever in Ireland and its happening in Sligo.

Options
  • 02-06-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

The first ever Irish Apnea academy Freediving course is on in Sligo on June 12th in Mullaghmore Sligo. www.freediveireland.com
    If you don't know what freediving is its a bit like scuba diving but without the tanks. You simply hold your breath and dive so its easier in some ways liek you don't need to worry about the bends or anything but harder in that it needs some training to get good at. Sligo has some spectacular diving to offer and the fish life is back in for the summer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

The very best of luck with this venture Fergus. I've dealt with you in the past in regards to surfing & scuba and always found you exceptionally helpful, friendly and 100% professional.

I can thoroughly recommend this guy to anyone considering such an activity or course and certainly as County Sligo has so much to offer and being so beautifully scenic it is the perfect location in which to do it.

It might be a good idea to post a few pics & youtube clips to help illustrate to those not in the know just how fantastic freediving is.
    Anyways, like I've already said the best of luck!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

The first ever Irish Apnea academy Freediving course is on in Sligo on June 12th in Mullaghmore Sligo. www.freediveireland.com
    If you don't know what freediving is its a bit like scuba diving but without the tanks. You simply hold your breath and dive so its easier in some ways liek you don't need to worry about the bends or anything but harder in that it needs some training to get good at. Sligo has some spectacular diving to offer and the fish life is back in for the summer.

Good luck with this venture - Sligo needs as many attractions and festivals as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Cheers cecil and PFL, I have about 5 for the first course now so all going well so far. Just hope the weather stays good. I will post a youtube vid shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Two Stroke Mick

Fergus

Thanks for a truly enjoyable day. You have converted me from the dark side of forced anapia to relaxed anapia. I went to the course think I have been diving/ snorkling for 7 years I dont expect to learn much.

How wrong I was. This course thaugh me the value of doing things the corect way. It most certainly will improve my max depth and bottem time and add to the enjoyment of this sport.

My advice to anyone who has any sort of an interest in this sport is to give Fergus a shout. I do think to get the most from the course you need 3 things
    1) a open mind
    2) be comfortable in water
    3) it is usefull if you have some basic snorkling skills (not all together necessary)

Well done Furgus for a good course which ws well ran

Thanks
    Leslie

Hi Leslie, Thanks for those kind words. I had a great day and was lucky I had great students on the day as well. I'll keep you posted if heading to Clew at any stage and see how your fixed. Is it ok to use the quote above on the facebook page as well? I should have pics and video there over the next week as well as new course dates if you know of any others interested.

Cheers

• Advertisement

You away fergus

Heres a youtube vid of the pool sesion and one of the sea session to follow. theres more of you in the sea session Leslie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngOx4wHeEo

Fergus

I was in a rush earlier. I meant to say work away

leslie

Advertisement