Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man vs Food???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

he's also a colossal D Bag

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cheers. Didn't see it at the time.
    Don't know how that guy is still alive. His fat intake must be huge and his cholesterol level must be through the roof.
    Prob not tbh, his challenges are only a tiny portion of his diet. Only one a week or so prob. As long as he makes up for it else where he is fine (assuming he makes up for it as he isn't MASSIVE, just a bit OW)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

JonnyF wrote: »
    he's also a colossal D Bag

If you have nothing worthwhile to add to the discussion - don't bother posting.

Thanks,

HB

Threads merged.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

can someone tell me whats the channel for this show and when and what time do they have it on? thanks!

• Advertisement

I know that they show it on the Food Network on Sky. Channels 262 & 263 I think. Don't know what times it is currently being shown though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It's not on Food Network. It's on Good Food, Sky Channel 249. It's on at 11pm tonight.

Degag wrote: »
    It's not on Food Network. It's on Good Food, Sky Channel 249. It's on at 11pm tonight.
    That'll tell you how much telly I get to watch these days. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its on Dave every couple of days too; you can see the upcoming schedule attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

JohnK wrote: »
    Its on Dave every couple of days too; you can see the upcoming schedule attached.

wow thanks for that! where did you get access to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its called DigiGuide and its quite usefull as it can search all the channels you have access to and even give you an alert when a show you watch is about to start

http://digiguide.tv/products/windows.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Cheers. Didn't see it at the time.
    Don't know how that guy is still alive. His fat intake must be huge and his cholesterol level must be through the roof.
    Apparently he gets on the threadmill for about half an hour straight after a challenge and exercises twice a day while on the road with the show. (Got that part from wiki.)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

they are all on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Think this show is excellent. Last night on Dave himself & some Irish looking bloke failed eating a pizza the size of a bicyce wheel (30"). Is was funny watching them to start sweating & looking like they were drunk. Watching this programme makes me want to completely forgo fine dining for deep fried heaven. Think American versus European eating!
    Do any restaurants in Ireland have challenges like on the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

love this show, only thing is I'm always starving by the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

LCD wrote: »
    Do any restaurants in Ireland have challenges like on the show?

when you compare some of the American food against ours there is no competition - theirs looks unreal (some of the beef is cooked for 48 hrs and smoked and looks amazing) while all we have is fast food joints like mcd's, burger king, e.rockets - America all the way !!

There was a steak place in Liffey Valley who did it, not sure if its still on the go..

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭morcheen k

worst food related show on tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

There was a steak place in Liffey Valley who did it, not sure if its still on the go..
    it's called Spur Steakhouse.

i think they do a 4lb steak challenge there on a wednesday or thursday night (or at least they used to), but i'm pretty sure you have to book if you want to do it and you'd want to call them anyway to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

when you compare some of the American food against ours there is no competition - theirs looks unreal (some of the beef is cooked for 48 hrs and smoked and looks amazing) while all we have is fast food joints like mcd's, burger king, e.rockets - America all the way !!

I don't agree - some of it looks great but a lot of the stuff he eats looks like muck - eg anything with luminous yellow goo they call "cheese sauce" on it, or sandwiches with gravy poured over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

loyatemu wrote: »
    I don't agree - some of it looks great but a lot of the stuff he eats looks like muck - eg anything with luminous yellow goo they call "cheese sauce" on it, or sandwiches with gravy poured over them.

I'm with you. I don't think their food culture is something we should aspire to. Even their "normal" portions are disgusting.

There's a reason they're the fattest nation in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Agreed. There are some things they do very well, but there's an awful lot of absolute crap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The food in it the show usually looks really nice imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I'm with you. I don't think their food culture is something we should aspire to. Even their "normal" portions are disgusting.

There's a reason they're the fattest nation in the world.

They aren't. Not in terms of % of overweight people anyway. There's a good few countries ahead of them. Mostly in the pacific.

I agree their food culture is terrible though.

Advertisement