Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno/evo qualifier prize stucture VOTES ONLY

Options
  • 02-06-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi everybody,

As you know the prize stucture for this inferno is slightly different than normal, with the first place winner reciving a trip to las vegas,

however, a few of the top players in the community have already stressed that they can`t attend evo, so what will happen if somebody wins and can`t go to evo?

In the result of the 1st place winner not being able to attend evo, the organisers are going to give the option of a cash prize instead. We thought this was fair, However we are still debating what kind of prize to give, obviously it wont be as much as a regular inferno tournament as there is a flight to pay for and most of the money is needed for that, so ive decided to ask the community what they think is fair to give the overall winner of the tournament if they win.

Now ive thought about this and i think 100 euros is fair enough to cover the top 3 finishers, if they all decide that they don`t want to go to evo, which hopefully wont happen, but if it does the prize pot would be spilt 60/25/15

100 euros might not sound like much, but there is a flight to pay for, in a perfect world we could give all the money to the top 3 finishers as usual and buy the flight to vegas as well, but we just can`t aford it,
    and we have to send somebody to evo.

Myself and doom are already paying for the flight out of are own pockets combined with the entry fees of inferno and flights to evo are as much as 1000 euros, so we need every penny we can get from this tournament to put towards the flight, also Mark O Beirne aka sabre0001 over at esports.ie has been kind enough to donate 150 euros to the flight, this kind of support is greatly appreciated and i hope that more members of the community can come forward and support even if its just 5 euros or less, every penny counts.

I would like you all to come back with some contructive figures about the prize stucture, so get out those calucultors and get adding!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just to clarify.

As it stands Inferno 10 will be run, with the standard prize structure as normal, but the winner will have an option of cash or flights to Evo.

The organisers of Inferno are also in agreement that sending someone to Evo is a priority at the moment, so if the participants of Inferno 10 are willing to accept a lower prize structure then we will run with that.

With what Chunkis suggested the winner will make a profit or maybe break even depending on how far they're travelling and the next two finishers will at least have their entry fee covered, with second getting an extra tenner.

Again, if people don't want this, it'll be business as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah, i think the 100 euro is fair. I'm sure most would agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Turned up last Saturday, would still like to see one of us going to Evo, and yeah €100 is a fair prize

In case people read Chunkis' post wrong, he was suggesting €100 split between 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Do people feel that is okay or should the winner get at least €100?

Or should we leave it at standard?

It is quite important that anyone planning on attending this weekend answers this, particularly the players who normally finish in and around the top three.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I would prefer the normal Inferno prize allocation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Azza wrote: »
    I would prefer the normal Inferno prize allocation.

I agree with this

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

yeah 100 euros is fair in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I think 100 is fine, people need to accept the situation with the evo stuff

I'd be on par with Sagat06. 100 is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

chunkis wrote: »
    yeah 100 euros is fair in my opinion.

I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Id like the usual prizes too. Id prefer 2 tournaments but ill go along with whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

People BE CLEAR about what you want.

Saying you want the usual could refer to total prize money (meaning no money for evo) or the usual prize breakdown between 1st 2nd 3rd but with the previously metioned reduced pot of 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think whatever solution involves the easiest way to get the Irish a player to Evo is the best solution.

Even if it cuts down on the pots of other things.

Playing casuals and running tournaments helps the community, as will one of us going more global at the Evo tourney. X amount of Euros going to Y amount of people won't help the community in any way, no matter what X is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I vote for the usual money prize too.

Don't look at me like that, I could win. :mad:

This thread is not about discussing the entry fee or whether you'll personally make top sixteen.

It's about the possibility of changing the prizes just this one time.

Can we please keep it on topic.

All we need to know is if you are okay with a lower prize pot this time and if so, what you feel is a fair prize pot to be split three ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Placebo wrote: »
    What is the inferno pricing structure?
    and where does the extra money go and how much do we have ?
    If its not about winning, then surely we dont need an entry fee to be that much, Its like 10$ DOLLARS for SF4 in EVO, why is it €15 EUROS for us? for ranking battles ?
    Anyway while 15 is nothing, some people end up spending 50, by getting there, eating and going home and the entry fee is some what an off putter .
    evo2k wrote:
    There is a registration fee of 10.00 USD to enter each tournament. Finally, there's a 50.00 USD cover charge for attending the event.

Works differently everywhere. Look at DS in the North - costs £1. EVO is also heavily sponsored and will make other incomes through vendor booths...But then is also paying for a ton of other stuff. Inferno is keeping entry costs down by using a Gaming Centre (and by not booking it out, hoping that it is free on the day).

🤪

This thread is not about discussing the entry fee or whether you'll personally make top sixteen.

It's about the possibility of changing the prizes just this one time.

Can we please keep it on topic.

All we need to know is if you are okay with a lower prize pot this time and if so, what you feel is a fair prize pot to be split three ways.

Just going to quote myself, so it's on the new page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Just going to quote myself, so it's on the new page.

As its just a one time event i'd like to see the reduced pot to help for the evo trip.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Not that I would be in the money anyway, but for this one event, I reckon we all need to put the good of the community over everything else. Winner takes all, providing it helps pay for the EVO trip for that player.

Our main priority is to run a successful tournament, send our rep to EVO and have 12 months to plan for the EVO 2011 qualifier.

It's one event, everything returns to normal for Inferno 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I won't be in attendance so I'm not sure how valued my input is but I'd like to see someone go to EVO - even if that means a reduced prize pot...Even if I was there my opinion would be the same - what chance would I have had!

Also, being behind some sponsorship for flights / accomodation / expenses / "entertainment", I would prefer to have someone head over rather than get the money back because it's not being used...

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've done my best to clean this thread up.

Guys it's REALLY bad form to be discussing stuff in a thread where someone is trying to gather votes or preferences. Could you please knock it on the head.

I've moved some posts here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

i vote Smaller prize pot this once for the podium with the emphasis on getting one of the top 3 to take the trip to vegas.

Get Hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

If it wasn't clear I vote less pot, more evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Like baal I'm gonna say evo over the money. It'll be amazing to have someone over there to route for and no matter the result give em a hero's welcome home! :D

Okay the votes were in favour of the €100 split three ways. Thanks to all for their input and see you all tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement