Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Onslaught mode

• 02-06-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

when is onslaught mode being released?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Saying what for what game would probably help. Dice have yet to announce an exact date but have been quoted saying before the end of summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

lots of rumours that it's out today or tomorrow because of the MW2 pack getting released. Just rumours though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

it was a eurogamer article that said it was out today. hmmmm dice and EA are full of rubbish.

Martron wrote: »
    it was a eurogamer article that said it was out today. hmmmm dice and EA are full of rubbish.
    dice or ea never said it was out today... blame eurogamer

well what i suppsoe i meant was they release information before they were ready to release the information about the release .
    ha ha

stirring hype to distract from COD DLC . its business i suppose but i am frustrated with all the glitches which are not fixed and this ads to the annoyance

• Advertisement

Martron wrote: »
    well what i suppsoe i meant was they release information before they were ready to release the information about the release .
    ha ha

stirring hype to distract from COD DLC . its business i suppose but i am frustrated with all the glitches which are not fixed and this ads to the annoyance

Glitches just seem to be a fact of life when it comes to online games these days. Can't remember the last time I bought a game for online play that didn't require some sort of fix/patch.

Some worse than others, have you tried playing Operation Flashpoint - Dragon Rising??? The Devs dropped it after about four months and just couldn't be bothered trying to fix the game anymore. Last Codemasters game I'll ever buy on release day!!!

It does take a while for the Devs to release a fix. Firstly they have to identify the problems, come up with the code to fix the problem without causing more problems, test the fix and then submit the fix to MS for approval. It takes MS about a month just to approve the fix, so add the development time and testing on top of that... probably looking at between 2-4 months to get a fix out to the end consumer.

This is where I have to give DICE some credit, they've been constantly releasing updates. Three that I can remember so far plus downloadable contant too (albeit the downloadable contant hasn't exactly been new stuff... yet).

Ok, there may be a few glitches left in the game but I have to admit, BFBC2 is absolutely fabulous to play and I don't feel that any of the glitches really take away from the experience.

The only gripe I really have is not being able to choose which server you wish to join (or even host my own!!!). If only there was a way to select a European sever (low ping) instead of accidently ending up on an American sever (with tons of lag/high ping), I'd be so happy... I might just pop ;)

My guess is there's a technical delay with Onslaught mode. After the last small update which I think was preparing for Onslaught, the servers went a little crazy for a day or two.

Anyway, enough of my little morning rant (just finished my coffee ;) ), I can't wait to take on waves of AI with my squad. Reckon it'll be a panic to play :D

oh dont get me worng bfbc2 is a great game.

just there is some glitches that were now from the start and were not fixed with the patch last month.

the m1a1 does not store stats. so i cant get all gold stars in the weapns. stuff like that. its no where as near as bad as op flashpoint. jees i was looking forward to that game and it was a disaster. Bfbc2 is what op flashpoint should have been.

the idea of releasing a game with so many bugs with thte intention to fix them later is ridiculous.

ha yeah the m1 is annoying but in all fairness if you try to platinum all the weapons it'll be fixed by the time you come to it

ha ha thats very true. dont see myself doing that. i gold starred all availible ones now and that was a task . took a serious hit on my kdr.

but i will platinum one from each class perhaps.

I've platinumed my ump 45, both m95's, knife, gustav, air vehicles and uzi so far

• Advertisement

no way!!!

what gold stars have you got?

i have 5500 kilss which is the same as 5 platinum stars :rolleyes:

gold a for feck sake, alot! gernades, 2 or 3 other sniper rifles, 1 or 2 shotguns, some medic guns, some engineer ones, some assault, heavy vehicles, stationary and i think water vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

This is out today. If anyone gets to download and play it could they let me (and others ) know what they think about it of. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Will be waiting to see what ye make of this mode before purchasing anyways.

More than likely the servers will go down when it comes out anyways.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Will be waiting to see what ye make of this mode before purchasing anyways.

More than likely the servers will go down when it comes out anyways.

Servers shouldn't be effected. Onslaught will be using the traditional P2P format. That means one person will host the game and the other three people will be connected directly to them.

Probably means the host will require around a .5meg upload speed with a relatively low latency (download speed isn't all that important when hosting) which rules out most DSL users hosting on basic packages from the likes of Eircom with 128 or 256 upload packages.

I'll be getting it today anyway, will let ye know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anybody know what time its out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

dunworth1 wrote: »
    anybody know what time its out?

As far as I know its 12am american time so it will be near on 8 am tomorrow when it is released

Onslaught is out now.

Just had a few games with Raze, m1ju and Dunworth. Have to admit it's fantastic... and perfectly named, cause it really is an onslaught!!!

The whole squad dynamic works brilliantly! I never enjoyed playing as a medic as much!

800 points well spent, methinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

how does one set up a game. my mates and I are all still trying to figure out how to stat it up.

its on asked dunworth he told us what we did wrong. sorted now thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Servers shouldn't be effected. Onslaught will be using the traditional P2P format. That means one person will host the game and the other three people will be connected directly to them.

Probably means the host will require around a .5meg upload speed with a relatively low latency (download speed isn't all that important when hosting) which rules out most DSL users hosting on basic packages from the likes of Eircom with 128 or 256 upload packages.

I love having a 50meg fibre line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Was playing this last night with Dunworth and Raze and some random guy for a while. The enemy seem to have impressive shooting on there way down in the parachutes. You really need your team to have all mics. The Random guy hadn't got a mic or didn't understand us.(He was from Sweden)
    After a few games somebody had a great idea to start the level on hardcore:mad: and f me there is a big difference they are much better and much smarter and seem to surrond you as well. Then Garv joined so at least we knew we could rely on every member of the team.

For those who haven't played, Onslaught is like conquest mode in that you have to capture the flag and then defend it and see how quick you can do all of that.
    I enjoyed it and will play it again just to get a better time.
    Is it worth the money. I am a bit unsure of this, yes it good, yes i will play it again but it's the same maps just the flags in different positions and i feel if they made it 400 points that would have been much better (or even 400 points if your a VIP) but i don't regret buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Agree with Cableguy not sure if its worth 800 points, unless they release more content free of charge for it. Played a few levels with randomers and it was enjoyable enough. Some glitchy AI in places and I hate the helicopters. The fact the AI can also see through walls is a bit annoying, especially when you've managed to pull a sneaky flanking move. I also saw parachuting enemies launching rpgs and pulling off extremely accurate fire on their way down.

Thanks for the invite Raze, was still downloading the 400mb update, by the time itd finished your squad was full. Garv just ignored my one :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

JD1763 wrote: »
    Thanks for the invite Raze, was still downloading the 400mb update, by the time itd finished your squad was full. Garv just ignored my one :(.

who did i igrnore?:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

You shunned my onslaught invite :D

JD1763 wrote: »
    You shunned my onslaught invite :D

whoops the only invite i saw was razes.
    whats your GT again?

wait just remembered it. desolate stephen aint it?
    i dont remember getting an invite off you though.

garv123 wrote: »
    i dont remember getting an invite off you though.

I think you should just come clean about ignoring him ;)

im after joining four onslought games now where the enemy cudnt be killed. shot some of them with full mags of the m60 and all that happened was that they wer hitting him and blood bouncing off but not dying.
    m aftr joining a few other games too where this happens only once or twice and a team mate kills them but in these games anyone i shot stabbed or grenaded didnt die
    anyone else notice this problem?

garv123 wrote: »
    im after joining four onslought games now where the enemy cudnt be killed. shot some of them with full mags of the m60 and all that happened was that they wer hitting him and blood bouncing off but not dying.
    m aftr joining a few other games too where this happens only once or twice and a team mate kills them but in these games anyone i shot stabbed or grenaded didnt die
    anyone else notice this problem?

Yeah, it's a known issue. Speculation as to whether it's a NAT issue or not hasn't been confirmed yet.

Just leave the game and find another one, try refreshing the router too maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Its because of stuff like that, is why I will wait about a week to purchase this onslaught mode. There is always going to be problems until the first update.

Advertisement