Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Irish

Options
  • 02-06-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I have pretty much ignored this subject since the orals but going to get going over the next few days. :confused:

So any other people doing ordinary?
    What are you covering?

I was thinking....
    • job letter
    • holiday letter
    • accident story (alone in house, walking home)
    • party story or concert
    • Jack, faoiseomh, bimse buan and gealt
    • Clare, fiche bliain and bean og
    • vocab for the tape

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

Accident story definitely. Do you have the book an dtuigeann tu? Thats brilliant for the study tips on paper one. I know paper two is only worth half the marks than paper one is, but DO NOT NEGLECT PREPARING FOR IT! It's where most people fall down in the exam. An dtuigeann tu is also great for the aurals. It gives deadly vocab! I wouldnt stress too much about irish, you'll find alot of things will come back to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

dont ignore cearrbhach mac caba comes up every two years since 2000 for the A part:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

M'teacher said Nil aon ni is the banker

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Accident story definitely. Do you have the book an dtuigeann tu? Thats brilliant for the study tips on paper one. I know paper two is only worth half the marks than paper one is, but DO NOT NEGLECT PREPARING FOR IT! It's where most people fall down in the exam. An dtuigeann tu is also great for the aurals. It gives deadly vocab! I wouldnt stress too much about irish, you'll find alot of things will come back to you!

No I don't have a text book unfortunately we were just getting notes and I have a revise wise that was good for oral questions so I might look at that again. Yeh lots of people in my class see paper 2 as a waste so we were concentrating on 1, wish we did a bit more revision for 2. Thanks :)

madlad88 wrote: »
    dont ignore cearrbhach mac caba comes up every two years since 2000 for the A part:pac:

I thought you could leave one of the stories out? You can't?

• Advertisement

Kylzer911 wrote: »
    M'teacher said Nil aon ni is the banker

Aw I think that's the one I didn't do! Fantastic lol
    What's that about again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Its the poem about your man loves Donegal or something but his lover wants to stay in Dublin. God I hate Irish.

Conor108 wrote: »
    Its the poem about your man loves Donegal or something but his lover wants to stay in Dublin. God I hate Irish.

Ah that's ringin a few bells now
    My excuse of not doing it is now gone ha!
    I know it's just a pain in the butt because I do so many other subjects and there is no way that I would count any points from it or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah I'll glance through it the weekend before and I plan to scrape a pass from it. I don't know if I even need Irish, I wasn't born here but sure I'll just aim to pass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I'm counting it for points. Yet I've not done much of it at all, but I find Irish weird I can learn sentences and stuff from just going over it for a bit whereas English I can't do that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

Victoria. wrote: »
    I thought you could leave one of the stories out? You can't?

You can its just im sure it will defo come up and i find it easy to do like!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Victoria. wrote: »
    Aw I think that's the one I didn't do! Fantastic lol
    What's that about again?

It's that poem by that Irish guy that hates the city and loves the country.

Advertisement