Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did anyone apply for a grant?

• 02-06-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

just asking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

i got the email, but im not sure exactly how it works. I've applied both to university and to two access to uni courses, which grant should I apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

ayumi wrote: »
    just asking

Yeah, last week. You have to go back in again in August with your results also.

has anyone sent their papers yet?
    there is much to do,lots of paper and questions...
    i really still dont understand the income thing abt the grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Will be definitely looking into the disability one very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

I flicked through the website and forms but it's all very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

i have it filled out...were do i send it then? lol

Mwah wrote: »
    i have it filled out...were do i send it then? lol

Hand it in to you local County/Town/City Council (depending what area you live in)

I would advise ye to fill it out now asap, its not as complicated as it looks there are a lot of areas you can leave blank (e.g. parents not in college, parents not farmers)

If they are student farmers who are foreign and have many investments and college going children it may be long:p

Its apparently first come first served, and you know how slow the council can be, do it now!

i dont understand the part where it asks about renting land/properties,what should you provide to prove that your parents pay rent and the q on payment from government bodies,what should u provide if you recieve child benefit or have a medical card from hse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I filled out 20 courses on my CAO, and to be honest realistically there is about 10 different colleges I could end up going to, how do I apply for one? Do I have to fill out 10 different forms?

I filled out 20 courses on my CAO, and to be honest realistically there is about 10 different colleges I could end up going to, how do I apply for one? Do I have to fill out 10 different forms?

They dont ask you what college on the form, they have your CAO no. so they find out where your going in august!

The only difference is you hand it into different places depending on whether its Level 6/7 or Level 8

At most you may have to fill out 2 forms if you filled each CAO choice list

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

stainluss wrote: »
    They dont ask you what college on the form, they have your CAO no. so they find out where your going in august!

The only difference is you hand it into different places depending on whether its Level 6/7 or Level 8

At most you may have to fill out 2 forms if you filled each CAO choice list

I ticked level 8 course but i may end up doing a course off the 6/7 list.

Do they not just forward it on to the right place when they realise that you are taking a 6/7 level course?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

yeah i ticked level 8... but i could end up doing a level 6/7
    because my first level 8 and first level 7/8 and the exact same courses lol...
    so im hoping to get either one of them :P

im gonna get me ma to ask when she brings it over to the place in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Er... I'm starting to panic now since you mentioned it's first come first server O_O. My printer will literally explode if he have to print out all those pages for the form. Where can I get the form physically? County council?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

Yeah, my mom filled out all the forms last week, she had to do it for three of us so she just got it all done and out of the way. Be careful, if you leave it till too late you won't get your money for ages and ages.

i wanted to ask why do they want non photocopied birth certs and do they send all documents back after being approved or disapproved.

also my school is closed and cant get letter saying that i did the leaving and junior cert in this school. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

got my letter yesterday to say I've been approved for one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

i wanted to ask why do they want non photocopied birth certs and do they send all documents back after being approved or disapproved.

I don't know why they ask for non photocopied birth certs but I do know that they send them back really quickly as we got ours back just a few days after we posted them.

got my letter yesterday to say I've been approved for one :)
    when did u apply,like the date you posted on and also my school is closed so what I can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

when did u apply,like the date you posted on and also my school is closed so what I can do

to be honest with you, I haven't a notion! left it all to the parents..
    sent it off about 10 days ago though..

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

I only sent mine off today what with all those documents to get in order! Was a bit confusing at times but i'm glad it's all sent off haha. Hopefully the reply will come back soon enough though

to be honest with you, I haven't a notion! left it all to the parents..
    sent it off about 10 days ago though..
    that means that if I send it after 5 days that I will get a reply on or around the 29th of july! which is good to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ricadoo

Just wondering what sort of documentation do they need as proof that i lived in ireland for 3 of the last 5 years!?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

I only sent mine off at like 4 yesterday and i got a call today about one of my details not being right. I was suprised because i didn't think that they would've even recieved it yet alone actually be looking through it already.

ricadoo wrote: »
    Just wondering what sort of documentation do they need as proof that i lived in ireland for 3 of the last 5 years!?
    on the guidence note it says one of a utility bill ,letter from school that u have sat the junior or leaving cert in or letter wrtten by principal in ireland.
    this why I wanted to know how many utility bills should I include and also my school is closed so how could I get a letter like the one that I sat the junior or leaving cert?
    also I have a letter which is from 5th year saying that I was then in 5th and the address that I live in and signed by my princpal would this do?

Advertisement