Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a part for Nissan Almera

Options
  • 02-06-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

I need a new headlamp for a 2006 Nissan Almera. The car failed the NCT a few weeks ago because the previous owner played around with the LHS front dip light, and it ended up unattached and melting the surround. I've about a fortnight until the resit.
    I'm based in Trim and the auto repair workshop I went to told me to either try Nissan dealers or scrap yards. I'm wondering could anyone point me in the direction of a scrap yard, parts dealer or otherwise reputable source that's not going to charge an arm and a leg for this part? Does anyone know of anyone who wrote off an Almera registered between 2003-2006, where this part might still be intact and functional? Any responses either to the thread or by PM are much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Glenshane Pass

Oristown or Duleek have scrapyards. Google Oristown scrapyard, I'd say you'll get what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Caldwells in Ballinlough are good too, I've gotten some parts from them for reasonable prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RoryFla

Try the breakers yard in Kilcock.
    Over the bridge in Kilcock towards Clane and Sallins. Directly as you go over turn down to the left and keep to the road. Its about two miles on the right. 01 6285671 or 016289160. They should have it.

Failing that try Cadwells in Ballinlough the other side of Kells.
    046 9243919

Failing those try Maynooth Spares on the Kilcloon Maynooth road.
    Sorry no number for that place.

If all else fails try the breakers on the Ashbourne Duleek road.

They all should be open on Saturday and bring the old one or car to make sure you get the right light.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

The breakers on Ashbourne to Duleek road had an 04 Almera with the front intact about ten days ago, shame it was the wrong colour for me.

It's probably still there call them (041) 9823587.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Many thanks for the responses. I was quoted a price of €185+VAT from Nissan dealers in Navan and Liffey Valley. That will be a last resort. Found micksgarage.ie doing them for €150. In the meantime I've tried Oristown, Ballinlough and Kilcock. Oristown have nothing at the minute but can source the part for €140. gingerGiant, I'm going to give that number a buzz tomorrow and failing that I'll get the part in through Oristown. Thanks for all your speedy responses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Try Traynors in Northern Ireland.They deliver at least twice a week to Navan and will more than likely have your part.

Advertisement