Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanet has a new website

• 02-06-2010 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Permanet has updated their website at http://www.permanet.ie
    Seems much nicer than the last one they had on the eye (phwwoorrr! does she come with a connection?)

Also it seems they are close to launching a phone/internet Bundle service in the coming weeks with no line rental.

header.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

The prices aren't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 deiced

hellboy99 wrote: »
    The prices aren't great.

Actually I spoke to them about the phone service and they said it would be 50 euro a month for unlimited landline calls in ireland and the uk with a 2mb net connection which seems pretty reasonable to me considering there is no line rental.

Considering I can't get broadband from anyone else where I am I think thats a pretty good deal.

deiced wrote: »
    Actually I spoke to them about the phone service and they said it would be 50 euro a month for unlimited landline calls in ireland and the uk with a 2mb net connection which seems pretty reasonable to me considering there is no line rental.
    Is that €50 with or without VAT, it's not great when you can get 3MB and anytime calls with Vodafone for €45 a month and their 7MB anytime calls package for €52.

Is there no one else at all you can go with ?

Is that €50 with or without VAT, it's not great when you can get 3MB and anytime calls with Vodafone for €45 a month and their 7MB anytime calls package for €52.

They told me inclusive of VAT. Vodafone!!! been there done that and had a connection worse than a 56k dial up! NEVER AGAIN!.

deiced wrote: »
    Vodafone!!! been there done that and had a connection worse than a 56k dial up! NEVER AGAIN!.
    I know how you feel, I was in the same boat for a while with them myself but thankfully got my service fixed, I'd shop round if you can.

• Advertisement

I know how you feel, I was in the same boat for a while with them myself but thankfully got my service fixed, I'd shop round if you can.

Yeah I had a pretty woeful experience with Vodaphone for 12 months in Kerry and just gave up on it in the end. I got permanet installed about 4 months ago and not had a problem since (touch wood!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CatInaHat

I left Vodafone ADSL, I was supposed to be getting 7M broadband was getting 40% packet loss in the evenings. I complained 4 times, they concluded that where I live there was a lot of network congestion and they couldn't do anything about it. They said that some level of packet loss is to be expected. They are chasing me now for bills they say I owe.

I'm with a local wireless provider now. Wireless is far better than dsl, I get 7 down 2 up and ping times of 22ms around the clock now and 0% packet loss and I use VoIP for making calls. I showed Vadafone the door. I have a great service now and I'm saving on line rental. Don't believe all that you read, those speeds are maximum speeds and when you complain you are told straight out speeds will vary and that advertised speeds are maximum speeds.

I have tried 3G mobile broadband too from O2, Vodafone and 3, and that's the biggest joke ever, huge ping times and packet loss and I live in an area where there is supposed to be good coverage. Mobile broadband is the biggest misleading rip off ever in this country and I can't believe 3 got millions from the Irish Government. Also support don't help setting up the dongle for linux and their support deparment are monkeys if you ask me.

I'll end my ranting now!

CatInaHat wrote: »
    I left Vodafone ADSL, I was supposed to be getting 7M broadband was getting 40% packet loss in the evenings. I complained 4 times, they concluded that where I live there was a lot of network congestion and they couldn't do anything about it. They said that some level of packet loss is to be expected. They are chasing me now for bills they say I owe.

I'm with a local wireless provider now. Wireless is far better than dsl, I get 7 down 2 up and ping times of 22ms around the clock now and 0% packet loss and I use VoIP for making calls. I showed Vadafone the door. I have a great service now and I'm saving on line rental. Don't believe all that you read, those speeds are maximum speeds and when you complain you are told straight out speeds will vary and that advertised speeds are maximum speeds.

I have tried 3G mobile broadband too from O2, Vodafone and 3, and that's the biggest joke ever, huge ping times and packet loss and I live in an area where there is supposed to be good coverage. Mobile broadband is the biggest misleading rip off ever in this country and I can't believe 3 got millions from the Irish Government. Also support don't help setting up the dongle for linux and their support deparment are monkeys if you ask me.

I'll end my ranting now!

Did you live next door to me!!!! :D pretty much the experience I had with them and had to ride out the 12 month contract with all the problems you described.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Have Permanet myself for past couple of years,never had a problem.I'm on the original package of unlimited usage-no 20mb limit for me:D Steady 2mb download,it might not be the fastest but where I live I won't complain as any of the dongles are worse than useless and I won't go near eircon or vodafone.THANK YOU 3 STRIKES POLICY BUT NO! Wimax meant to be launching in the area but according to the feedback on other threads I won't touch it.

Advertisement