Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable housing Failure in Galway city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

skelliser wrote: »
    http://www.galwayindependent.com/QUOTE]

If you flick on a few pages in that same (today's) edition you can read about the latest first time buyers seminar and how it was such a massive success:rolleyes: If you look at the pictures half the seats are empty! The CEO of the Galway Indo is a former Estate agent, so they regularly have articles about how houses are selling, the market is picking up and other such pro Estate agent/V.I./housing market bullshít.

I was at the previous seminar 18 months ago (mid/late 2008) organised by much the same crowd, Michelle Burke (EA), banks, Mortgage brokers, token politician and a local rag. It was a big fat circle jerk of E.A.'s, bankers and other V.I.'s (and of course the esteemed Frank Fahey no less) cumming all over each other in their excitement about telling us "NOW! was the time to buy", "Galway is different" (their reasoning as to why Galway house prices were higher then the rest of the country), "there is great value to be had for the discerning buyer" and my favourite "houses prices will not get any lower"...

Judging by the empty seats people are a lot more wise to the spin and bluster being put out by these parasites as they try to flog a dead horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ya was just about to post that! The cheek!!

The headline is Property event a huge success!
    Large crowd attends First Time Buyers Seminar Over 130 first time buyers flocked to the Radisson Blu Hotel last Wednesday evening for a free First Time Buyers Seminar and information evening. Organised by the Galway Independent, in association with AIB Bank, the event opened with an exhibition of affordable first time buyer homes from leading auctioneers and developers.

http://www.galwayindependent.com/property/property/property-event-a-huge-success/

They are saying it was a success even tho no houses where sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭rightwingdub

I wonder how many gullible people will fall for this propaganda.

Advertisement