Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I pass by compensation?

Options
  • 02-06-2010 12:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

I passed everything in the first semester, and quite handsomely to boot, with a GPA in the 1.1 region, however this semester I became depressed and demotivated, and my results mirrored this (D, E, G, NG, NG, NG). Is there any way I can progress to stage two with results like this? I have 35 out of 60 possible credits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I dont think so to be honest. Go to your program office

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Im afraid you will have to repeat those exams next semester. They will put you in stage x until you pass them.Alternatively you might be able to enter next year with the rest of your class if you want to do 8 modules a semester and try to bump pass that E by compensation. Would probably be difficult and stressful so not something i would recommend if your dealing with depression and lack of motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

You need to have 50 credits to pass. I've never heard of Stage X - as far as I know, you just stage in the stage you are currently in until you achieve at least 50 credits and then you can progress.

You will need to pretty much repeat/resit all those modules, and even if you pass them all, your compensation GPA may not be high enough to bump the E up to an E(C).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 emphyrio

Read this. From what I remember you can compensate as long as your yearly GPA is above 2.2.

Advertisement