Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much would a typical bike services cost?

• 02-06-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know how much approx would a typical mountain bike services cost?

My girlfriends brakes seem to be sticking (brake discs) and the gears are all over the place. It's kinda been always been like that since she got it in Halfords last year.

I want to bring it into a proper bike shop/repair centre. We are in Blackrock, Cork City.

I heard there is a great place in Carrigaline to go to anybody have any experience?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Anywhere from €30, usually around €45.

I haven't huge experience with bike shops in Cork, as I'm a blow in, but I've been in Kilgrew's a couple of times recently and they seem very friendly and helpful.

I got my bike serviced in Douglas Cycles twice, and they were fine and did a great job, but once I left work to go for a ride and when I went to collect it, they were shut which put me off a bit. Yes, I know I could have rang but it was 4pm on a Thursday and I expected them to be open.

I got it serviced in Capwell Cycles once and when I asked for a breakdown of the costs you'd swear I'd just **** on his carpet, so I won't be going back there.

No experience of the place in Carrlgaline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Anywhere from €30, usually around €45.

I haven't huge experience with bike shops in Cork, as I'm a blow in, but I've been in Kilgrew's a couple of times recently and they seem very friendly and helpful.

I got my bike serviced in Douglas Cycles twice, and they were fine and did a great job, but once I left work to go for a ride and when I went to collect it, they were shut which put me off a bit. Yes, I know I could have rang but it was 4pm on a Thursday and I expected them to be open.

I got it serviced in Capwell Cycles once and when I asked for a breakdown of the costs you'd swear I'd just **** on his carpet, so I won't be going back there.

No experience of the place in Carrlgaline.

Hey, I've never been on a forum where they blank out the word **** before. Is arse ok?

PS mine's a road bike, not sure if costs are similar for mountain bikes?

Advertisement