Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vee - Waterford

• 02-06-2010 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Folks,

Travelling down to Waterford at the weekend and was looking at doing a training run from Lismore across The VEE into Clogheen and back over to Lismore again. Its about a 60k route but never cycled The Vee before - I'm fairly new to cycling so any advice on how tough it is? Any parts that need to take care with?

I'm up to about 80k at weekends now and have cycled the Slieve Blooms a few times (The Cut and Wolftrap) but not sure how that rates in comparison

Cheers for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭LeoD

The Vee isn't any harder than the Cut or the Wolftrap. Did the Vee for the first time a few weeks back from Clogheen and it's a long (9km?) gentle climb of around 4-5% from what I remember. Flattens out for the last km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

Its grand. From Clogheen side the road is good and the gradient pretty even - no problem if your going 80k spins.

From Lismore its rough - very rough in places. Not too bad when climbing, but its a horrible descent until you hit the nice blacktop about 4km from Lismore.

I am doing it tonight on way home from work - going to go via Mt Mellery to Cappoquin - will let you know if that road is any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DinaElla

Cheers for that, I'm poor enough at climbing which is why I'm trying to find routes with more climbs (in hope it will improve me) but descending I really struggle with if the roads are poor - confidence thing I think as I see people flying down and passing me out on what I would consider bad roads ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

Right. So last night i went from the top of the Vee to Lismore via Cappoquin. The road is much better and is pretty good the whole way. A few potholes but as long as your eyes are on the road its fine. The Cappoquin to Lismore stretch is on the N72 and is fast and smooth. A much better route than the Vee to Lismore direct (about 10k longer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DinaElla

Thanks for that info - I'll give it a go and take it handy on the way down. I might try the Cappaquin route.

• Advertisement
Advertisement