Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Blackberrys

Options
  • 02-06-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Im thinking about buying an unlocked Blackberry...just wondering if they work ok when unlocked?? and which website to buy off?? or should I just buy an iPhone??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Why do you want a blackberry>?

Lots of handsets can do what blackberry's do. Blackberry are designed to be on billpay to use the full service on them. Going for sim free, doesnt sound to me thats what your intending. An iphone, or something like the Nokia E72/E71 or E63 might suit you better. Designed similar to the blackberry with the qwerty form factor. You want have a problem either with sim free or payg. Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ninty99

Some of my friends have BlackBerry's and they use the BlackBerry messenger alot as its cheaper than texting. I also receive a lot of emails and I'm always on the go.

You they have a blackberry plan though which they pay for each month to use the messenger services. If you want this, you get the handset from o2 or vodafone.

Emails will work with it, or the other device i already mentioned. Have you checked them out? You didnt say that you are staying on payg?

So you saying I should either get one of the phone you mentioned or go bill pay with o2 or vodafone??

ninty99 wrote: »
    So you saying I should either get one of the phone you mentioned or go bill pay with o2 or vodafone??

Well if you want to use the blackberry services like messenger, you have to go bill pay with o2 or vodafone.

If you can live without them, then it doesnt have to be a blackberry handset is all im saying, any phone will do the rest regards email internet etc. The 3 i mentioned are very similar blackberrys, thats why i suggested them.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help. Dont know what I'll do yet..

Advertisement