Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football and hurling tips

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fowler87 wrote: »
    After having a look at the odds for the Mayo-Sligo game tomorrow, one stand out price was E.Varley to outscore C.McGee of Sligo @ 11/10. This lad is a top class forward; pacy, skillful and a top point (and goal) getter. I should know, ive marked him a couple of times over the years in club level and im brilliant:pac::pac:

But seriously I think these odds are a great price considering he finished top scorer for Mayo in this years league campaign, missing the final through injury. However, hes back now playing for his club Garrymore and has the other corner forward place along with Alan Freeman (cousin of the lad who tragically lost his life in Australia.. RIP).

So thats my tip anyhow for tomorrows Connacht Championship match. Also gonna throw something on Sligo/Mayo ht/ft @ 4/1...big possibility this too as Mayo will take a while to settle and could be a point or 2 down at ht with Sligo having the home and confidence factor from their Croke Park win recently. Mhaigh Eo Abu;)

:rolleyes: In fact both bets turned out to be the exact opposite:pac: Mayo led (just a- ****in -bout) at half time and typical flat performance (as of late:() for the rest of the game. Well played Sligo however.. they were fantastic. Thats my beloved county for ye though... Mayo God help as they say! Now to put a stupid couple of euro on them for the All Ireland:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

Jaysus i had mayo/Kildare and Wicklow!! Bookies did well this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

funnyname wrote: »
    gone with an acca of

Armagh
    Wicklow
    Kildare
    Mayo
    Waterford

£10 at 21/1 with PP

and a £15 single on Cork at evens also with PP

I was close :rolleyes:

Im goning to lump on Kerry big time possible 2k against cork on Sunday, ill post a screenshot if i put on the bet, Just in case im called into question:rolleyes:.

Dd you do this?

Hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Horrendous weekend for the punter in GAA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Dd you do this?

Hope not

No would you believe i didnt i was out on the piss all day yesterday and only woke up at 4.15 and then i said id hold out and when i saw cork ahead i didnt bother doing it, it turns out the 170 Euro i spent drinking was well spent:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

coughlan08 wrote: »
    just a word of caution.

corks keeper is from my club VALLEY ROVERS,(ALAN QUIRKE)
    he has been interviewed 2 times this week about him starting as he hasnt trained with his club or county this year yet..

actually he was droped from being the starting keeper for our first round in the senior championship,he was replaced by one of my best friend gerard who is only 19,,this shows the respect that our club has for him,,,personally i think he is a disgrace,he expects to walk onto the club team.
    for him to be started for cork is a very very bad decision,his frame of mind is completely off the game,and personally i can see him having a disaster of a game...

just my insied knowleadge of the situation,
    if you have any other questions about the game or this keeper situation just let me know..

its looking good for kerry to say the least;)

quirke did allright today didnt he coughlan, some corkman(boy) you are... good luck in the leaving cert....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Certainly did better than the muppet we had in goals.

I hope people took my advice on cork/kerry drawing.

Next day I see one clear winner, just like the last two times cork drew in Killarney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Hopefully some money to be made from the Waterford v Clare game with the live betting. Would have lost a fortune in the bookies the weekend with the way the scores went. Went down to Kilkenny on Saturday for the Dublin game yesterday so gave me money to mr publican instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Gone for 20 Waterford over 21.5 points at 11/10. Keep it interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

blindpilot wrote: »
    Gone for 20 Waterford over 21.5 points at 11/10. Keep it interesting.

Made me wait for that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Wexford to win the All ireland hurling 150/1, you heard it here first! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Hopefully some money to be made from the Waterford v Clare game with the live betting. Would have lost a fortune in the bookies the weekend with the way the scores went. Went down to Kilkenny on Saturday for the Dublin game yesterday so gave me money to mr publican instead.

How did in-running betting go for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gaatipstr

50Euro double
    Laois to beat meath 12/5
    Talking to a few of the laois players and they said there going very well. Lost to cork by a point the week before the kerry game by a point. Cork had there full team out,donie kingston destryoed Graham Canty.

Kerry to beat Cork 13/8
    Kerry wont make the same mistakes as last sunday. The gave away simple scores to Cork.

50 euro returns 315.

You heard it here first :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Did a €0.50 lucky 15 on 4 draws over the weekend paid out €540, happy days!:D have been doing the bet for a few years now and am well up especially as Ladbrokes pay triple the odds on one winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

patmac wrote: »
    Did a €0.50 lucky 15 on 4 draws over the weekend paid out €540, happy days!:D have been doing the bet for a few years now and am well up especially as Ladbrokes pay triple the odds on one winner.
    Do laddies pay treble the odds on all sports?

Verance wrote: »
    Do laddies pay treble the odds on all sports?

Yes great value as Powers only pay single on other sports outside horse racing.

Is that all you got?
    Meath Laois darw was 15/2 as was the Cork Kerry match.
    Dublin Wexford was 14/1.
    A lucky 15 on these returns over 700 Euro. Someone must be telling a few lies on bets they made :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

gaatipstr wrote: »
    Is that all you got?
    Dublin Wexford was 14/1.
    A lucky 15 on these returns over . Someone must be telling a few lies on bets they made :D

Not necessarily, could he not have taken bad prices? 13/2, 13/2 & 13/1 returns €541.38.

• Advertisement

No because i have the sheet with all the odds from ladbrokes and thats the odds the had for the weekend? And if it was triple the odds a winner it should b over 700 Euro

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

It's only triple odds when you only get one up.

gaatipstr wrote: »
    Is that all you got?
    Dublin Wexford was 14/1.
    A lucky 15 on these returns over 700 Euro. Someone must be telling a few lies on bets they made :D
    0.50 lucky 15
    Meath-Laois 15/2
    Cork-Kerry 15/2
    Dublin-Wexford 10/1
    Collected my €541 yesterday thank you and delighted with it, especially the 'Jaysus Christ' remark from the ladbrokes manager:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

0.50 lucky 15
    Meath-Laois 15/2
    Cork-Kerry 15/2
    Dublin-Wexford 10/1
    Collected my €541 yesterday thank you and delighted with it, especially the 'Jaysus Christ' remark from the ladbrokes manager:D

Well played Mac :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dunno?

Hey lads,
    What are your feelings about the football and hurling this weekend?

€0.50 Lucky 15
    4 draws
    Galway-Offaly
    Roscommon-Leitrim
    Tyrone-Down
    Meath-Laois

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mackthefinger

The two football matches this evening should be close games.
    Quite like the odds of Laois at 2/1 and Down at 9/4 with PP for a double at small stakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

how does the lucky 15 work?

mink_man wrote: »
    how does the lucky 15 work?

A Lucky 15 consists of 15 bets involving 4 selections in different events. The bet includes 4 singles, 6 doubles, 4 trebles, and 1 fourfold.

looking at some of these, all pp as only place with market unless stated:

C Ward Over 5.5 Points 10/11 Quality Free taker and will chip in over the 70 mins from play

S Cavanagh Under 3.5 Points 6/5 I would be banking on him not scoring a goal.

M Clarke (v S Cavanagh) 11/10 Clarke is a very good free taker. Had an off day the last game but has unreal ability and can score them from as far as 55 yards out

anytime goal:
    A O'hAilpin evens ladbrokes
    Dont really rate him but hard to ignore how effective he was the last game with good ball in. Not the most talented hurler but can get goals

P Horgan Over 4.5 Points 4/6 Is the real deal and should run-a-muck against limericks 3rd string. Only fear would be him being taken off too soon as they will want to give paudie sull and Pa Cronin game time.

Aisake O'hAilpin Over 2.5 Points 4/6 this stood out first time out but the goal bet is better odds, not really the sort of guy who will put over 3 points so this is goal dependent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Limerick to score over 14.5 at 11/10, I'm all over that, tbh.

glanman wrote: »
    A Lucky 15 consists of 15 bets involving 4 selections in different events. The bet includes 4 singles, 6 doubles, 4 trebles, and 1 fourfold.

The good thing is if you just get one winner your will get treble the odds on that bet with some bookies including Ladbrokes, most websites will give you double the odds on one winner whilst Paddy Powers will only give you single odds unless it's Horse Racing. Also if you get 4 winners various bonuses apply up to 25%.
    So you need one 5/1 winner to cover your bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

GAA Football Matches
    Tyrone v Down
    2010-06-19 17:18:00
    Alternative Handicap 1
    Tyrone (-2.0)
    €200 on this
    live betting

GAA Football Matches
    Tyrone v Down
    2010-06-19 17:18:00
    Alternative Handicap 1
    Tyrone (-2.0)
    €200 on this
    live betting

easy as you like,won by 4 points in the end..

watched the entire game,placed the bet with 22mis left,at that stage
    down had only score 1 point,tyrone were leading by 3 aswell, so bareing in mind the heat and the fitness of the tyrone team i knew the odds were to good.
    thank god im doing the leaving cert this year as i would be broke cause of that world cup...gaa all the way..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bennyob

What were the odds

oh ya sorry, 4/5 returns of €360, so profit of €160.

ive went for this tomorrow,cant believe the odds,
    as a cork man i will be at the game and am predicting a big win but not at -18 points,,im seriously going to take advantage of this,
    limerick will have nothing to lose so will go out fighting for the first half but corks class will shine through in the end..
    am predicting a win between 10-13 points
    my bets are as follows;

GAA Hurling Matches
    Cork v Limerick
    2010-06-20 16:00:00
    Alternative Handicap
    Limerick (+19.0)
    4/9
    €300 returns €433

GAA Hurling Matches
    Cork v Limerick
    First to Score a Goal for their Team
    K Murphy
    9/2
    €25 returns €137.5
    he had a very quiet game against tipp but am expecting a big performance from the captain "fraggie murphy"

bet of the week has to go to limerick +19 points

best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

With odds of 4/9?

Bet of the week me hole!

well for me its the bet of the week,at 4/9 that is some value...

i dont bet much so for me it is "bet of the week" ,and 4/9 is value considering the bet.

i dont see you contributing anything to the tread,so to be only commenting negatively on other peoples posts is not appreciated,and is pretty pathetic on your behalf...:o
    anyway back on topic,,cmon cork...

done a few more bets, a patent with 2nd half of each of the three hurling games to have more points than first, each is 20/21 , a €5 patent.

In running, dublin over 16.5 at 5/6 €10 and over 15.5 @5/6. €20.

• Advertisement

glanman wrote: »
    In running, dublin over 16.5 at 5/6 €10 and over 15.5 @5/6. €20.

hows that possible,why bet on the over 16.5??
    two different bokkies?,if it was it was a bad call mate..:confused:

two seperate bets, total went down to 15.5 so backed that as well, pretty obvious I would think... 4 21 yard frees missed, ffs.

Anyway, shouldn't you be studying

oh rite,best of luck

well i have accounting tomo,but am pretty sorted for that so am taking the evening off.
    im actually on the way to the cork game,,technology these days ehhh.:p

ppac.jpg

Sorry for the after post but just had this one come through from an in play bet. GAA is the only sport that i'll bet huge on when in play. Love the gut feelings. Anyways 1100 in the bag.

i agree with you 100% El Horseboxo, the in play betting is very attactive and is by far the most profitable area, in my view anyway.
    its just hard to wait for that weekend to come around so it can be exploited again.:p
    well done by the way.

The Cork game is going to be an interesting one. I can see Cork hitting a huge number of points. Gonna wait until i can judge the game and once it hits that sweet point i reckon i'll lump on. Might take Aisake to score over 2.5 for now though.

• Advertisement

oh ya sorry, 4/5 returns of €360, so profit of €160.

ive went for this tomorrow,cant believe the odds,
    as a cork man i will be at the game and am predicting a big win but not at -18 points,,im seriously going to take advantage of this,
    limerick will have nothing to lose so will go out fighting for the first half but corks class will shine through in the end..
    am predicting a win between 10-13 points
    my bets are as follows;

GAA Hurling Matches
    Cork v Limerick
    Alternative Handicap
    Limerick (+19.0)
    4/9
    €300 returns €433

GAA Hurling Matches
    Cork v Limerick
    First to Score a Goal for their Team
    K Murphy
    9/2
    €25 returns €137.5
    he had a very quiet game against tipp but am expecting a big performance from the captain "fraggie murphy"

best of luck

again,,easy as you like,left the game with 5 mins to go so missed the last goal scored by cork,,final score was, cork=2-19to limerick=12+19 points=31.so the bet won..

again kieran murphy was very poor,surely his place is at risk,niall mc carthy was for a change very good,but all be it to a 14 man limerick team,
    great effort by limerick,we know how the fans must feel as cork were in similar disputes in the past.
    total profit from todays game 133-25=108
    and yesterday with tyrone =160
    total profit from gaa this weekend =€268
    bring on next week eh...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Louth are 11/8 with pp think this is too big a price.
    I would have them slight fav for the match. confidence is high among the camp and should give a good account of theirselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Opinions on this bet? I know it's very unlikely as I've made too many selections, but individually are they likely to happen?

Westmeath +2.0
    Meath +3.0
    Tipperary +4.0
    Fermanagh +6.0
    London +11.0
    Sligo +4.0
    Antrim +4.0
    Longford +7.0
    Donegal +4.0
    Wicklow +3.0
    Carlow +10.0
    Clare +5.0