Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football and hurling tips

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

Bernard Brogan is 6/5 for over 4.5 points v Meath, which seems a big price....
    I know T.Quinn is starting so he may start on the free's but i still think it's a very attractive price..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Have a 7-team accumulator for tomorrow, I've missed them since the soccer leagues finished.:P

Galway(-1.0) v Sligo
    Wexford(-9.0) v Longford
    Monaghan(-1.0) v Fermanagh
    Laois(-1.0) v Tipperary
    Dublin(-2.0) v Meath
    Westmeath(-1.0) v Louth
    Antrim(-5.0) v Down

Around 92/1.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

backed louth at 13/10, was very surprised they were such a big price! i would have priced this match the other way round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

baz2009 wrote: »
    Have a 7-team accumulator for tomorrow, I've missed them since the soccer leagues finished.:P

Galway(-1.0) v Sligo
    Wexford(-9.0) v Longford
    Monaghan(-1.0) v Fermanagh
    Laois(-1.0) v Tipperary
    Dublin(-2.0) v Meath
    Westmeath(-1.0) v Louth
    Antrim(-5.0) v Down

Around 92/1.:pac:

Bet has failed but some of the handicaps are unreal... monaghan won by 7, wexford by 25 v london, and antrim by 19...

Done a lucky 31 in draws, only galway game up, tipp game was close but had tipp backed at 9/5 to win so thats ok. also had wexford/london game to have over 1.5 goals but that only covered the loss on the bet I had for the 2nd half to be higher scoring... also had sligo to score over 13.5 points, awful shooting cost me there! all in all broke even...a draw in louth game would put me up a few euro

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭chats

arbing opportunity on louth wmeath game?

2.2 to win on PP and lay them at 2.0 on Bfair...

Louth +0.0 @ 11/10
    Stake: 20.00 Single
    Potential Winnings: 22.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

glanman wrote: »
    Louth +0.0 @ 11/10
    Stake: 20.00 Single
    Potential Winnings: 22.00

I got them at 13/10 on PP.

I got them at 13/10 on PP.

Ya I know I could have got them better but only bet365 are giving odds on it out of all my accounts. Only an extra 4 quid in the end if it wins. They should be up by more, the better team, but 3 up at halftime is ok! Their midfield is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Almost clicked again had 3 €0.50 Lucky 15's on draws Offaly-Clare, Kildare-antrim both drew had Tipp and Laois drawn would have paid over €400 still got over €50 for €22.50 so again made money for the 4th week in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

patmac wrote: »
    Almost clicked again had 3 €0.50 Lucky 15's on draws Offaly-Clare, Kildare-antrim both drew had Tipp and Laois drawn would have paid over €400 still got over €50 for €22.50 so again made money for the 4th week in a row.
    You should stick with it as long as your makin money thats what its all about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Don't like jinxing myself with the in running GAA bets by posting beforehand. Since i start winning i have become a bit superstitious in that respect. I have been making a fortune on the overs and unders. Hope people who like the sports and can read the game are following suit. A lot of money to be made.

ppscrn.jpg

Couldn't believe those odds when Kerry were on 6 and 7 points in the first half. Limerick had just put up 10 with the breeze behind the them. So surely Kerry could and a little bit more. Although they made me sweat for it when they went 14 mins without scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Don't like jinxing myself with the in running GAA bets by posting beforehand. Since i start winning i have become a bit superstitious in that respect. I have been making a fortune on the overs and unders. Hope people who like the sports and can read the game are following suit. A lot of money to be made.

ppscrn.jpg

Couldn't believe those odds when Kerry were on 6 and 7 points in the first half. Limerick had just put up 10 with the breeze behind the them. So surely Kerry could and a little bit more. Although they made me sweat for it when they went 14 mins without scoring.

nice winnings, how does that overs work? how much did you bet to win, 400e+ ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

nice winnings, how does that overs work? how much did you bet to win, 400e+ ?

If you look at the image you will see the amount staked below the 3 winning amounts. The 3 minus figures are the stakes. For me to win the 450 i put 200 on odds of 2.25.

GAA in play is the only sport i really bet big amounts on because i can probably read it more than most sports and feel confident in throwing down that amount. I usually bet on the overs unless there's a good line on the unders. Normally i never bet within the first 10 minutes of the game so i can get a read on it unless i feel the bookies are slow to correctly price the odds. Sometimes there can be a game where a team has 7 points with 5 minutes left in the first half and they have the line set at over/under 13.5 points and the odds could be evens or slightly more for the overs. Depending on the team, form so far, weather conditions and importance of the match you can find serious value. Need to be sitting at the tv and computer and constantly watching though because they change so quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Anyone know the result of the Laois vs Meath ladies match? Can't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Ah thank you.
    Powers still have it pending :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

4 draws Lucky 15 this weekend
    Football
    Offaly v Waterford,
    Meath v Louth,
    Hurling
    CorkvWaterford
    DublinvClare

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

I've gone for this accumalator...
    (1) Down to beat longford.
    (2) Armagh to beat fermanagh.
    (3) Meath to beat louth.
    (4) Cork to beat waterford.

€15 returns €49.24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

ppscrn.jpg

unreal bets horsebox :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hurling wise I think Clare -1 v Dublin @ evs today is a great bet. Dublin havent been good at all this year and seem to be suffering from second season syndrome. Clare have brought through some of their all ireland winning U-21 team and were v good against Waterford in their first game.

Clare minors +3 v Waterford @ 10/11 is also a good bet. The Waterford boys have played 2 tough games against Cork since Clare last played and with the most recent only being on Wednesday night, tiredness could be an issue here. I think Clare could win this, but the 3 point head start is great value imo

Still waiting for official team news from Waterford for the senior game. If you can get good odds on Shane Walsh for first goal though, get on. Have it under good authority he's gonna start full forward.

Does matty forde still kick the frees for wexford...? Or has lyng taken over. I'm currently looking at P.Joyce to outscore M.Forde @ evens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

Galway/Wexford 2nd half. How will things go? Galway -1 maybe.:confused:

2 bets today

J Sheridan (Meath) @ 5/2
    P Horgan (Cork) @ 11/8
    Doubles, 1 bet * €10.00
    return 73.13

Over30.5 Lenister Football final @ 5/6
    Over42.5 Munster Hurling Final @ 10/11
    Doubles, 1 bet * €20.00

Return 50.00

Had 50 on Cork/Cavan to have under 30.5 yday

10/07/2010 All Ireland Football Championship - Cork v Cavan
    (Total Points) Under 30.5 5/6 None Won
    Stake: 50.00 To Win: 41.67 Returns: 91.67

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

big differences in-play betting with bet 365 and pp

example at h/t with meath and louth

PP: Meath -5 evens / Louth +5 evens
    365: Meath -5.5 8/11 / Louth +5.5 6/5

Good to search around when doing in-play!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

How did they miss that "goal" their W**KERS:mad:.. Even with two guys beside the goal they still miss it

• Advertisement

2 bets today

J Sheridan (Meath) @ 5/2
    P Horgan (Cork) @ 11/8
    Doubles, 1 bet * €10.00
    return 73.13

Over30.5 Lenister Football final @ 5/6
    Over42.5 Munster Hurling Final @ 10/11
    Doubles, 1 bet * €20.00

Return 50.00

Wow, still alive here... never looked likely... Terrible decision the square ball should have been called straight off, not to mind how the goal was scored!

Ref can't give a free if he cant see a foul so maybe fair enough he mightn't have seen the throw but the square ball had to be seen, especially at that stage of the game.

What a s***e way too end a great game of football.. Completely deflated here after the effort the boys put in in the second half Ireland v France all over again:mad: i hate that feeling.. Also bad form from the fans aswel:o

PP haven't paid out on Sheridan scoring a goal yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

matt1958 wrote: »
    How did they miss that "goal" their W**KERS:mad:.. Even with two guys beside the goal they still miss it
    matt1958 wrote: »
    What a s***e way too end a great game of football.. Completely deflated here after the effort the boys put in in the second half Ireland v France all over again:mad: i hate that feeling.. Also bad form from the fans aswel:o

Are you by any chance confusing this forum with the GAA forum?

Generally stuff relating to bets goes here

Sorry:o.. Just had too have a rant.. Rant over

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    PP haven't paid out on Sheridan scoring a goal yet

they cant not so you will be fine. bet365 have it as a win, waiting on Horgan so score

Sir Vival wrote: »
    I've gone for this accumalator...
    (1) Down to beat longford.
    (2) Armagh to beat fermanagh.
    (3) Meath to beat louth.
    (4) Cork to beat waterford.

€15 returns €49.24

I hate last minute goals.... except for the one in the meath match...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Sir Vival wrote: »
    I hate last minute goals.... except for the one in the meath match...

In fairness last minute goals happen but it is when officials make catastrophic errors that lead to an unfair result is what wrecks my head. Just saw a replay of the "foul" that led to Waterfords equaliser and there was no free - ****, just cost me my fckuing spread. Jokers ah well nice earner for the GAA.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Got a free bet from Ladbrokes which I had to put on GAA, something I've little knowledge about so I've put it on the following.

Single - Derry, Armagh, Down, Monaghan all to win
    1 line at €25.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €25.00
    Value of token used: €25.00
    Potential Return: €525.00
    Time: 13/07/10 17:48

It'll keep me interested for the weekend assuming the first one doesn't lose! I really fancy Armagh and Monaghan to do well this weekend, although as I say, I've limited knowledge of Inter-County GAA.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Got a free bet from Ladbrokes which I had to put on GAA, something I've little knowledge about so I've put it on the following.

It'll keep me interested for the weekend assuming the first one doesn't lose! I really fancy Armagh and Monaghan to do well this weekend, although as I say, I've limited knowledge of Inter-County GAA.

I would also fancy Armagh against Dublin. The Dubs are very overrated especially with this new system of theres. That said Armagh have not been setting the world alight...

Monaghan against Tyrone should be a good tight game. Tyrone have been there and done that plenty of times and that experience, and wanting to get a favourable draw after this should make sure that Tyrone won't go into this game taking it lightly. Surprised to see the bookies have it so tight, tyrone -1 is handicap.

Derry v Kildare is similarly tight game, both can be very good but equally very bad on their days, so it will be close I would say, Derry are slightly better though, have a few more quality forwards than Kildare.

Offaly are poor, keep there full forward line quite and they wont do anything so down should have enough here to spare.

Anyway, good luck, nice bet on the face of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

x PyRo wrote: »

Ya grand for a free punt. These are hard games to call though and no-one would be too surprised if they all went the other way.

I fancy Armagh, Tyrone, Kildare and Down.

What do people think of Cork - 5 pts in the football against Wexford. Its on in Wexford but Cork are in my eyes are still the team to beat in the AI. They hammered Cavan 1-19 to 4 pts in Pairc in Chaoigh last Sat. Wexford in all fairness were fairly lucky to sneak past Galway and Cork will definitely win but will they cover the spread? I think so though Cadogen and Cussen will prob play in the hurling replay, maybe both?? Anyone know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Warper wrote: »
    Ya grand for a free punt. These are hard games to call though and no-one would be too surprised if they all went the other way.

What do people think of Cork - 5 pts in the football against Wexford. Its on in Wexford but Cork are in my eyes are still the team to beat in the AI. They hammered Cavan 1-19 to 4 pts in Pairc in Chaoigh last Sat. Wexford in all fairness were fairly lucky to sneak past Galway and Cork will definitely win but will they cover the spread? I think so though Cadogen and Cussen will prob play in the hurling replay, maybe both?? Anyone know

cadogen will be playing alright,
    father was talking to one of the selectors and cussan is more than likly to be starting wing forward,was reading the evening echo(cork paper),and there are worries for sean og(wing back) and gerry o conor(mid field),both have groin injuries im sure!!!
    but i would still be going for the cork win,

Warper wrote: »

I go to every Cork football game so know this team quite well so I will try give you some of my wisdom. I have to admit though I only know what I have seen on tv over the years about Wexford.

Cork surprised me how convincingly they beat Cavan. They never eased up but at the same time were only in 2nd or 3rd gear. It has to be said though that Cavan were terrible. I actually fancied them to make a game of it and thought about backing them +8 but ended up going for under 30.5 total score.

They cork team named the last day was near enough to as strong as possible. We were missing Kerigan, but this left the door open for colm o Neill, and nicolas Murphy only came on but looked very good. Could be in line for a start. John miskella also made a big difference in his first game back.

I think if the team that started last week, plus nick murphy, is picked Cork should cover it. They are very tuned in and focused from what I could see the last day. Carey and Shields to take Forde and Lyng and Cork should be safe enough.

Cussen isn't on the football panel, Cadogan will probably be a sub, he wont start.

I would be looking at Down(-2) v Offaly, I'll be on that big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

I go to every Cork football game so know this team quite well so I will try give you some of my wisdom. I have to admit though I only know what I have seen on tv over the years about Wexford.

Cork surprised me how convincingly they beat Cavan. They never eased up but at the same time were only in 2nd or 3rd gear. It has to be said though that Cavan were terrible. I actually fancied them to make a game of it and thought about backing them +8 but ended up going for under 30.5 total score.

They cork team named the last day was near enough to as strong as possible. We were missing Kerigan, but this left the door open for colm o Neill, and nicolas Murphy only came on but looked very good. Could be in line for a start. John miskella also made a big difference in his first game back.

I think if the team that started last week, plus nick murphy, is picked Cork should cover it. They are very tuned in and focused from what I could see the last day. Carey and Shields to take Forde and Lyng and Cork should be safe enough.

Cussen isn't on the football panel, Cadogan will probably be a sub, he wont start.

I would be looking at Down(-2) v Offaly, I'll be on that big.

i thought he was on about the hurling replay against waterford.,
    my bad...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'm getting on Waterford at 13/8 today. The big worry for me is Cussen, he's a lot better than Aisake and today we face the 2 of them. However we were a bit rusty last day, hadnt played for 6 weeks and will be a lot sharper today. I dont think Sean Óg will actually play and he'll be a big loss to Cork. I'm surprised that in the handicap Waterford are onl down to +2 (from +3) and think the +2 @ 5/6 is gift.

Offaly are worth a look @ 11/2 v Tipp. They will be a lot better than they were against Limerick, which was essentially a game they just had to get out of the way. If Tipp are anyway complacent in this they could come up unstuck. Offaly +7 in the handicap is also very tasty

For the football, Kildare at 6/5 look very good against Derry. Armagh at 6/4 are surely overpriced against a not at all great Dublin side.

5 pts Waterford v Cork 13/8
    3 pts Waterford + 2 v Cork 5/6
    1pt Offaly 11/2 v Tipp
    2pts Waterford +2, Offaly +7 double

2pts Kildare 6/5 v Derry
    2pts Armagh 6/4 v Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

KevIRL wrote: »
    5 pts Waterford v Cork 13/8
    3 pts Waterford + 2 v Cork 5/6
    1pt Offaly 11/2 v Tipp
    2pts Waterford +2, Offaly +7 double

2pts Kildare 6/5 v Derry
    2pts Armagh 6/4 v Dublin

Better prices bet365
    Offaly 6s
    Kildare 13/10
    Waterford 9/5
    Waterford +2 evens

Good bets tho, few should come in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

1 euro treble and 1 euro doubles... AT Goalscorer

D. Kelly @ 5/2 (Sligo)
    S. McDonnell @ 5/2 (Armagh)
    E. Mulligan @ 11/4 (Tyrone)

Potential returns 80 euro

For a bit of interest in the GAA over the weekend:)

Gone for:

Derry +1 4/7
    Waterford +4 4/9
    Armagh +1 6/5

4/1 Treble

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

My bet is dead, lol at Derry! A joke of a team altogether.

Advertisement