Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Log

Options
  • 02-06-2010 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Currently reading: Ladysmith by Giles Foden. So far so good. I'm only 26 pages in but it's very easy reading and I love his style. I will report back here when I've finished it.

Next up: Hitch-22: Confessions and Contradictions by Christopher Hitchens

After that: The Case for God: What Religion Really Means by Karen Armstrong

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Ladysmith was epic. I'd recommend it for anyone. My priority has changed so I'm now reading Islam: A short history by Karen Armstrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I suck at updating this.

Hitch-22 was great, and I'm glad I got to read it before he died. He did come across as a pompous prick in parts of it, but that was the 'class' his mother wanted him to appear to have been raised in. It was enjoyable.

Karen Armstrong failed miserably to make any case for God. It was awful writing and she should be ashamed.

Since last year I've read tons of books. Most recently I just finished White Fang by Jack London and I plan on reading his other works as well (prior to when he wrote for money only, as that stuff was crap).

Next up, once again, is Nostos. I've been ranting and raving about this mainly because of how challenging it is. Upon re-reading you notice things you missed first time around. I'm going to make little notes along the way to refer back to.

Advertisement