Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow activities ideas......

Options
  • 02-06-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,trying to plan our summer trip for your junior youth club [11-12 year olds]
    Trying to do a big circle with 3/4 stops and events for the members. The route at the moment is looking like..
    Waterford--Wicklow[cliara lara]--Carlow--Kilkenny--Waterford.

looking for info on places in and around Carlow
    Is there a McDonalds , Supermacs etc in Carlow and if so which is the best
    I See [Internet search] there are Horse riding centres , Bowing alleys , Swimming pool etc in /around Carlow. Are they any good.
    Is there any hidden treasures that i'm missing.

Posted same thread in Kilkenny forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Hi all ,trying to plan our summer trip for your junior youth club [11-12 year olds]
    Trying to do a big circle with 3/4 stops and events for the members. The route at the moment is looking like..
    Waterford--Wicklow[cliara lara]--Carlow--Kilkenny--Waterford.

looking for info on places in and around Carlow
    Is there a McDonalds , Supermacs etc in Carlow and if so which is the best
    I See [Internet search] there are Horse riding centres , Bowing alleys , Swimming pool etc in /around Carlow. Are they any good.
    Is there any hidden treasures that i'm missing.

Posted same thread in Kilkenny forum

There's both McDonalds and 2 Supermacs. Personally, I'd perfer the Drive Thru SuperMacs out on the Dublin Rd.
    We've one public swimming pool in "Carlow Town" :) Down in Graigcullen. Its fine. 25m usually clean and reasonably priced. No diving allowed though :(

How old are the kids? The Dome is a great spot for the kids with Bowling, Pool tables, air hockey, arcade games and restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

there is also a paint ball park "Rapid Fire" just outside the town (co Kildare) but not sure if it has an age limit?

http://www.rapidfire.ie/. Here is the link. its looks like its only 12 and up.. so probably wont suit..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Thanks lads , The age is a big problem ever time I think I have found a fun/good event the age limit has kicked in

Is it far from McDonalds to the Cinema , or from McDonalds to The Dome

Walking distance or short drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Is it far from McDonalds to the Cinema

Walking distance
    from McDonalds to The Dome

short drive

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Are you looking to have the children do a riding lesson or just a spin on a pony?

Are you looking to have the children do a riding lesson or just a spin on a pony?

Both would be taking into account ,
    Would a spin on pony be bit to young for 10 to 12 year olds
    [the reason I ask is ,The trip will be a mystery tour so I cannot ask them ,some members are 10 going on 30 if you know what i mean]

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It would add a lot to the cost to have lessons and if the childre nare that bit older ,they won't think much of a short pony ride. It may also push up your insurance a good bit.Let me know if you still ocnsider it and I'll get you a few places to try.

It would add a lot to the cost to have lessons and if the childre nare that bit older ,they won't think much of a short pony ride. It may also push up your insurance a good bit.Let me know if you still ocnsider it and I'll get you a few places to try.

Please PM me a few contact details , If not for this trip , they could / would be handy for future events .
    Thank YOU.

• Advertisement

Pm sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

ye could go Paint Balling also their is a place in Castledermot

i think thats the same place i referred to above, it looks like he is caught out with the age limit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Quad biking in Borris for 8yr olds and up. Possibly too pricy though.
    http://www.countryquads.net/

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Quad biking in Borris for 8yr olds and up. Possibly too pricy though.
    http://www.countryquads.net/

Thank you ,but out of our price range at the moment .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Have you thought about the reptile zoo in Gowran?
    http://www.reptilevillage.net/

Thw web site has all the info you need and it would be on your route.

jordata wrote: »
    Have you thought about the reptile zoo in Gowran?
    http://www.reptilevillage.net/

Thw web site has all the info you need and it would be on your route.

nice one ,could be ideal

thank you

Advertisement