Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Playpen: KnifeWRENCH

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If you caught me once upon the hip, would you feed fat the ancient grudge you bear me?

You hate our sacred nation; and you rail,
    Even there where merchants most do congregate,
    On me, my bargains, and my well-won thrift,
    Which you call interest. Cursed be my tribe
    If I forgive you!

So yeah. I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

What are you favourite things to do with your friends? Drinking doesn't count. :p

Jako8 wrote: »
    What are you favourite things to do with your friends?
    Drin....
    Drinking doesn't count. :p

:(

I guess just hanging out, chatting, not doing anything in particular. What A_Neurotic would refer to as "faffing".

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

If you didnt have your mathsy-psychics course to talk about on C&H, what would most your posts be about?

I havnt read all the pages (:o) so Im not sure if Soccy asked you bout gaa already.. Incase she didnt :)
    Gaa: yay or nay?
    Explain the above answer!
    Since you've been worried about being bored this summer, would you consider following it? :pac:
    Ponies, arent they just one the bestest creatures on the planet? And even more so when there's dogs on their back?
    freddie-on-shetland-pony.jpg
    *Yahh I had no clue what to ask you, so this is the weird questions you get :L
    :)

deise_girl wrote: »
    If you didnt have your mathsy-psychics course to talk about on C&H, what would most your posts be about?
    Heh, maths and psychics; this year I learned how Topology, Graph Theory and Crystal-ball reading! :D (sorry, couldn't resist :p)
    In fairness, I don't talk about maths and physics that much...mostly just when Davidius and Aoibheann are around! And in the IRC, but everyone talks about maths in IRC.

I havnt read all the pages (:o) so Im not sure if Soccy asked you bout gaa already.. Incase she didnt :)
    Gaa: yay or nay?
    Nay, mostly.
    Explain the above answer!
    I don't like gaelic football. Hurling is ok but I'd only ever watch if Cork were playing some big important match.
    As for local GAA, I haven't got a clue.

Since you've been worried about being bored this summer, would you consider following it? :pac:
    Of all possible ways to relieve boredom, I'm sure that one ranks pretty low on the list. But ya never know; I might if I'm desperate.

Ponies, arent they just one the bestest creatures on the planet? And even more so when there's dogs on their back?
    freddie-on-shetland-pony.jpg
    Haha, I've never really liked ponies or horses that much. But one with a dog on it's back is definitely cool! :D

*Yahh I had no clue what to ask you, so this is the weird questions you get :L
    :)
    It was worth it for that image alone. Not quite as awesome AunderscoreNeurotic's cat on a keyboard in space, but still pretty awesome! :) I particularly love the serious expression the dog has on its face.

Kavminvodyavia (KMV Avia) is an airline based in Mineralnye Vody in the Caucasus, Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Does the dog in that image remind you of a young Clint Eastwood?

If not, which famous face does it most remind you of?

Does the dog in that image remind you of a young Clint Eastwood?
    Holy shit, you're right! :eek:
    clint-eastwood-dirty-harry.jpg

If not, which famous face does it most remind you of?
    *swoons*
    alan+rickman.jpg

And no prizes for guessing who the pony reminds me of:
    sarah1SPL0808_468x640.jpg

The Harbaqa Dam was a Roman gravity dam in the Syrian desert between Damascus and Palmyra, dating to the 2nd century AD.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

If you could live forever, would you?

Most embarassing song on your i-pod?

Mac or PC?

Do you interpret JK as "just kidding" or "joke"?

Have you ever been afraid that your life is like the Truman Show?

Toes or fingers?

Do you know which one is Ant and which one is Dec?

Favourite Friends character?

Invisibility or the power of flight?

If you could live forever, would you?
    It would be very, very boring to live forever. I'd only do it if I didn't age and I could end my own life if I wanted out. Otherwise, no chance.

Most embarassing song on your i-pod?
    Ha, there's a good few! I have "Doop", "What is Love", "Saturday Night" and a few other gems. Dodgy early 90's dance music ftw! :D

Mac or PC?
    PC.

Do you interpret JK as "just kidding" or "joke"?
    I always thought it was "joke". Whatever it is, I hate those JK facebook groups and haven't joined any of them yet. I join a LOT of Facebook groups but those ones just irritate me.

Have you ever been afraid that your life is like the Truman Show?
    Never actually seen the Truman Show. I kinda know the jist of what it's about though, and no. I'm not quite that paranoid.......yet.

Toes or fingers?
    Well they're both pretty important. I reckon fingers do more though. A prosthetic foot would be easier to manage than a prosthetic hand.

Do you know which one is Ant and which one is Dec?
    Yeah, Ant's the one with dark hair who always stands on the left. He's also slightly taller than Dec, I think.

Favourite Friends character?
    For the first few seasons (when Friends was actually good) it was Chandler. By the end of the show though it was Rachel, simply because she was the only character who didn't get infinitely less funny as the show progressed.

Invisibility or the power of flight?
    Ooh tough one. I'll go for power of flight, but might change my mind in 5 minutes!

Being Communists (Essere Comunisti) is a faction within the Communist Refoundation Party in Italy, formed basically of former followers of Armando Cossutta, who left the party in 1998 to form the Party of Italian Communists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Apologies if any of these have been asked!

Favourite fruit?
    Chocolate or crisps?
    Any crushes?
    Any crazy secrets you're dying to share with us?
    Do you like cake?
    Favourite Greek letter?
    How utterly pointless do you think Tom Cruise is?

/me wonders if he noticed the nosy questions in the middle
    /me flees

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Imagine the fate of the universe is in your hands. You can choose to step up from your position as a run-of-the-mill terrorist moderator terrorist and take your rightful place as all that will ever be's controller of destiny.

Do you choose the path of some euphemism for Godhood wherein you bring existence to an abrupt halt? When considering this option you must take into account that with the universe being destroyed nobody will ever make fun of you or question your might. On the other hand there will no longer exists people to praise you, especially females. The only thing that will exist from that point on is your consciousness. Maybe a stack of DVDs and a few sudoku puzzles to pass the time.

However you may also choose to save the universe and bring about an eternal age of utopia that stretches its arms out through the vast galaxies and nebula of space. Everybody will consider you a hero and monuments will be raised in your glorious name. You will be able to sleep with as many hot alien babes as you wish. However in this new found paradise people will say mean things about you behind your back and everybody will question your choice of career especially your parents.

What do you choose?

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Thank you for asking, random stranger.
    How do I retain such an awesome level of amazingness? It's simple: I use ONLY NorthPride Sliced Beets.

NorthPride Sliced Beets are clinically proven to increase IQ, testosterone levels and general feelings of awesomeness. Studies have shown that the average man is ten times more likely to become filthy rich and have rampant sex with many beautiful (and 93% STI-free) supermodels if he uses NorthPride Sliced Beets for just one month!

Gee, KnifeWRENCH. NorthPride Sliced Beets sounds like an amazing product. Where can I get some and achieve similar levels of awesomeness?
    It's very simple, inferior customer. You can order twelve months supply of NorthPride Sliced Beets for just $eleventy jillion by sending your credit card details to:
    KnifeWRENCH,
    15 Boards.ie Road,
    Boards.ie

We'll also throw in a free can of NorthPride Sliced Potatoes to give your newly acquired levels of awesomness that extra hint of Oirish "craic".

So remember: NorthPride Sliced Beets; the beats that, like your children, you simply cannot beat.

2280254285_f0db65752e.jpg

NorthPride Sliced Beets may cause constipation, deflated libido and unrealistic expectations of attaining awesomness.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

What country would you most like to visit?

If you could put a hat on any one person throughout history, who would it be? Also, would you set it at a jaunty angle?

A CAPTAIN KIRK is projected at a velocity of 5m/s at an angle of 60° to the ground. Why is he climbing a mountain?

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

On a scale of 1-10, how awesome was Davidius' question?

I will accept answers in the range 9.5-10, and will round the answer to the nearest integer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Isn't this kitten just precious?
    kitten.jpg

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Apologies if any of these have been asked!

Favourite fruit?
    Oh ffs Aoibheann, stop being so personal. Gawd like.....how about I give you my bank details and blood group while I'm at it?
    Anyway, my favourite fruit is grape. SEEDLESS grape. And God help you if my grapes have seeds in them.... :mad:

(I just remembered I don't actually know my blood type :()

Chocolate or crisps?
    Walkers Thai Sweet Chili beat every other snack food. But considering the variety of chocolate and the variety of crisps, I reckon chocolate is more consistent. So I'll go with chocolate.

Any crushes?
    A quick flick through the Celeb crushes thread and you'll notice I post there quite often. In real life....yes, I have one or two. Alas, they'll never turn into anything more.

Any crazy secrets you're dying to share with us?
    Oh no....I'm not falling for that one again.....

Do you like cake?
    Not as much as I like death.....but yes. I love cake.

Favourite Greek letter?
    ζ (Zeta) - cool symbol and a cool name!

How utterly pointless do you think Tom Cruise is?

*facepalms at scientology*
    I've never actually seen any of his movies. He could be a great actor for all I know. But as a human being, he has the same level of usefulness to soceity as the average Big Brother contestant.

/me wonders if he noticed the nosy questions in the middle
    /me flees

/me bans Aoibheann
    /me lolz. heartily.....
    Davidius wrote: »
    Imagine the fate of the universe is in your hands.
    Okay
    You can choose
    WAIT, I'M STILL IMAGINING..............alright, proceed
    to step up from your position as a run-of-the-mill terrorist moderator terrorist and take your rightful place as all that will ever be's controller of destiny.
    Wait, what was the first bit again? Something about a universe? Oh, there's more.....

Do you choose the path of some euphemism for Godhood wherein you bring existence to an abrupt halt? When considering this option you must take into account that with the universe being destroyed nobody will ever make fun of you or question your might. On the other hand there will no longer exists people to praise you, especially females. The only thing that will exist from that point on is your consciousness. Maybe a stack of DVDs and a few sudoku puzzles to pass the time.
    Hmmm.......sudoku, you say? Mighty tempting....

However you may also choose to save the universe and bring about an eternal age of utopia that stretches its arms out through the vast galaxies and nebula of space. Everybody will consider you a hero and monuments will be raised in your glorious name. You will be able to sleep with as many hot alien babes as you wish. However in this new found paradise people will say mean things about you behind your back and everybody will question your choice of career especially your parents.

What do you choose?
    Sex with alien babes.....eternal praise from everyone....monuments dedicated to lil ol' me! :eek:

That all sounds rather boring.
    So I'm gonna go with the first option; bringing existence to an abrupt halt. That way, I get to squish people and kill them in imaginative and wildly painful ways. w00t!!!
    What country would you most like to visit?
    Iceland (if Eyjafjallajökull allows it) Seems like such an otherworldly place. And it has 100% more Bjork than any other country! \o/

If you could put a hat on any one person throughout history, who would it be?
    2upd3yf.jpg
    tee hee hee.....

Also, would you set it at a jaunty angle?
    Is there any other kind of angle?!

A CAPTAIN KIRK is projected at a velocity of 5m/s at an angle of 60° to the ground. Why is he climbing a mountain?
    To hug the mountain. To envelop that mountain.
    He wants to make love to that mountain.
    (At this point I should acknowledge that Ginja Ninja introduced me to that vid. <3 for Ginja! :D

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
    My favourite jacket just happens to be the one that's covered in bird-seed, and this an unfortunate side effect of wearing it. :(
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    On a scale of 1-10, how awesome was Davidius' question?

I will accept answers in the range 9.5-10, and will round the answer to the nearest integer.
    A solid 9.51. But no more.....

Alma Bennett Morgan (1877-1960) was the wife of former Governor of West Virginia Ephraim F. Morgan and served as that state's First Lady, 1921-1925.

Craguls wrote: »
    Isn't this kitten just precious?
    kitten.jpg

:eek:
    I wants it.

MeowMix, MeowMix, please deliver....

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Given your name...

...your top 3 Janitor moments....where "Lets make cancer feel foolish" may not be included as it is clearly number one... :D

Do trampolines with the protective netting on the sides really annoy you or is that just me? :o

Your opinion on the Irish teen social stereotypes? :D

How are you today? :p

JamieK wrote: »
    Given your name...

...your top 3 Janitor moments....where "Lets make cancer feel foolish" may not be included as it is clearly number one... :D
    Heh, nice question. It'd take me ages to think of through all of them, but the ones that come into my head:
    1. His inventions - Knife Wreeench, DrillFork (mostly fork) and PenStraw (this cola tastes like ink!)
    2. His dead squirrel army! That was nothing short of genius
    3. One quote that always gets me: "I don't believe in the Moon; I think it's just the back of the Sun"
    I'm sure there are way more but that's what comes to mind.

Do trampolines with the protective netting on the sides really annoy you or is that just me? :o
    Well I generally stay away from trampolines because I'm rather paranoid and clumsy; if I ever got on a trampoline, I would fall off and die. So side netting doesn't bug me that much tbh.

Your opinion on the Irish teen social stereotypes? :D
    Same as all stereotypes; a load of balls. I reckon most Irish teenagers are decent people who don't fall into any sort of stereotype; young people don't get enough credit in general.

How are you today? :p
    Meh. I'm adequate.

Alright, it's been a week so I better sign out now. I've had fun doing it, and thanks to everyone who asked questions. :)

bythewoods is up next (I think).....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement