Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Activities Ideas...

Options
  • 02-06-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,trying to plan our summer trip for your junior youth club [11-12 year olds]
    Trying to do a big circle with 3/4 stops and events for the members. The route at the moment is looking like..
    Waterford--Wicklow[cliara lara]--Carlow--Kilkenny--Waterford

looking for info on places in and around Kilkenny
    Is there a McDonalds , Supermacs etc in Kilkenny and if so which is the best
    I See [Internet search] there are Horse riding centres , Bowing alleys , Swimming pool etc in /around Kilkenny. Are they any good.
    Is there any hidden treasures that i'm missing.

Posted same thread in Carlow forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

There is a McDonalds, KFC and also Eddie Rockets, (no Supermacs anymore!)
    Bowling alley: good fun, not too sure how it compares on prices to other bowling places though.
    Swimming Pool: also good, its just a regular pool though, no slides or anything special avaiable for 11/12yr olds
    Never went horseriding in kilkenny but I think theres a few... Warrington?
    And of course theres a whole host of touristy things that kids probably wont be interested in..

Cant think of any special gems, but maybe other people will have better knowledge than me! :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Maybe a tour of the castle or the Dunmore caves.
    caves_very_dark.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Maybe a tour of the castle or the Dunmore caves.
    caves_very_dark.jpg

First ,Seen the sign ,I was thinking Father Ted, But after google it Not a mad idea at all , and very cheap thank you.
    One for the short list,

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

You could possibly come from Carlow to Kilkenny via Castlecomer and try the Discovery Park there - http://www.discoverypark.ie/
    There's a decent playground area, river bank picnic a possibility... a restaurant at the discovery park itself... think you can hire rods to fish a lake there also... part of it is free and I assume some of the arranged stuff is paid for like the tours etc.

The dunmore caves would then be on (just off) the road from comer into Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Doubt its a great idea for the age group, but who knows, bit of cultural history?? Some nice ruins @ Jerpoint Abbey on the N9 maybe in the right direction for homeward stretch, but then again, maybe not!

There is no Supermacs in Kilkenny city since it burnt down. Mcdonalds is still there though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement