Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi gets go ahead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭nhg

I asked the girl on the checkout if they were extending and she told me that they are adding a bakery to the store.

Does anyone know when Aldi will be opening across from Lidl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MisterCrown

linny wrote: »
    lidl on the johnswell road is due to open this month on the 25th, does anyone know what there doing with the other shop over at loughboy, look's like its getting ready to be revamped or something,
    Some info here ...

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/Kilkenny-Lidl-applies-for-extension.6514945.jp

Can you tell me /post a link where you heard that it was opening on the 25th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

nhg wrote: »
    I asked the girl on the checkout if they were extending and she told me that they are adding a bakery to the store.

Does anyone know when Aldi will be opening across from Lidl

didn't know lidl had bakery's in there store's, as for aldi not sure when it's due to open few months away yet, work is still going on where aldi are building on hebron road too,

Can you tell me /post a link where you heard that it was opening on the 25th ?

friend work's as regional manager around dublin and he told me yerterday that 25th is the day that's aimed for, for the opening

got email too just checked

To Whom It May Concern:

We write following your recent e-mail regarding the new store opening in Kilkenny City.

We wish to advise you that the planned date for the opening is Thursday 25th November. However, this will be advertised in your local area closer to the time.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Yours sincerely

Lynsey Byrne

Customer Services

Free Phone Number: 1800 347 447

Fax: 00 353 45 433223

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lidl Ireland GmbH

Registered Office: Great Connell Road, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, Republic of Ireland, Registered in Ireland No. 904141;

tel: +353(0) 45 440 400 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +353(0) 45 440 400 end_of_the_skype_highlighting web: www.lidl.ie

anyone know when the aldi is going to be ready to open in loughboy, was up in the hebron area yesterday and work is stating to speed up on the aldi built there, starting to put walls in place

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

the flatpack store by Lidl is flying along now!

Am i reading this thread right, is there a second Aldi going into the Hebron?

• Advertisement

ya second store being built on hebron road, just opposite o loughin gales, looks like flat pack store too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Two Aldi's and two Lidls. Not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

All Kilkenny needs now is a Tesco :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

Yeah,why is there no tesco in all of Kilkenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Because we have very many Dunnes Stores. What else do you need? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

In fairness I think Dunnes is better than Tesco:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Would be happier to have an Asda or Morrisons, no love for Tesco from me I am afraid.

Callan would quiet happily take any of them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Germany = flat pack building containing profitable business.

Ireland = block built building lying idle:)

seen they were putting up the aldi opening soon billboards on hebron road and loughboy today, maybe by april they both might be open only took 15 weeks to build the new lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

there hoping to have the one open in hebron road some time in march.... there flyin at it......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

This is going to be the ruin of me, I have a bit of an aldi/ lidl "specials" collection.

I know, any ounce of respect I may have once had, is no longer.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

If it's any consolation, our respect for you hasn't dropped at all because we haven't really had any since that episode a few months back where your spurious and disingenuous allegations about the lubricating capacity of WD-40 were exposed for the symphony of lies that they were.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

A most heinous crime indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

fabbydabby wrote: »
    If it's any consolation, our respect for you hasn't dropped at all because we haven't really had any since that episode a few months back where your spurious and disingenuous allegations about the lubricating capacity of WD-40 were exposed for the symphony of lies that they were.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Any updates on when either of the Aldi's will be open?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I don't know if it's advertised (or if anyone cares) but a friend of mine that works for aldi told me that they're opening in KK on the 28th, I didn't ask which one though.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Loughboy one is advanced... don't think there's much at the hebron?

That's brilliant, It will save me having to travel every two weeks to either Carrick-on-Suir, Clonmel or Waterford to get my almond chocolate fix. LIDL will be badly hit once ALDI opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

For some reason it seems to be their policy to open a Aldi as close to a Lidl as possible or vice versa.

Licksy wrote: »
    Loughboy one is advanced... don't think there's much at the hebron?

thats good news the aldi in hebron is built roofed and windows in looks like its about a month behind the loughboy one

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

linny wrote: »
    thats good news the aldi in hebron is built roofed and windows in looks like its about a month behind the loughboy one

Seriously? From the roadside it looks like nothing has been done with the shell of the old building still standing.

ya from main road looks like no work has gone on, but i can only imagine they will knock that big wall soon

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fraido

Loughboy Aldi opening on the 28th April, big sign up in front of it there today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

aldi is a fantastic store .. the boxes of mixed chilli's in there are epic

Advertisement