Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Cumbria [READ MOD NOTES IN POST #1 BEFORE POSTING OR READING]

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Wow took a long time to get to the end of this one...

But I think my favourite post was:
    in Ireland people wanting forearms have to get a sign off from their doctor.

Let's hope it never gets that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Only saw this thread now, I cannot believe ye are talking about this in the shooting forum and a thread on the new record for a sniper kill wasn't allowed:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

murph226 wrote: »
    Only saw this thread now, I cannot believe ye are talking about this in the shooting forum and a thread on the new record for a sniper kill wasn't allowed:confused:

+1. The affair in Cumbria was sheer bloody murder and the new sniping record was a legal act of war against a murderous enemy.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Believe me Murph, this thread is and has been heavily moderated and closed for a time.

There is a military forum where the sniper kill is more suited to.

Read the first post in this thread as to why it's here.

I have to disagree with you there John!

There is not half as many people in the military forum that are actually into shooting, so how is it a more suitable place to discuss a shot like that?

• Advertisement

Because we don't shoot people in this forum, simple as that.

The Cumbria shootings may have had legislative impact in the UK, which is sometimes followed here.

Long range shooting, great, but not of people.

But that long range sniper shot could have an impact on long range target shooting!

Cease and desist Murph, it's not going to happen, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Cumbria can potentially have a knock on legislative effect on Irish shooting. Therefore, it is relevant to Irish shooting (though, as already noted, the modding here has been very strong). A new sniping record by a British Army sniper can have absolutely no relevance to Irish sports shooting.

your opinion IWM, you're entitled to it!

• Advertisement

Back on topic from here on in please.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

your opinion IWM, you're entitled to it!

Yes, but it's one all the mods agree on. There's a Military forum for this sort of thing murph, but it's not welcome here.

Advertisement