Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling VF home broadband

• 02-06-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭

A few weeks back I instructed Vodafone (by email, phone and written letter) to cease my home broadband service. The date for this cancellation was supposed to be 30th of May. This date has passed and still no cancellation.

I have since phoned vodafone twice and have been told that the service will be terminated in 24 to 48 hrs. Also I was told that that it normally takes up to 4 days after the requested date for the cancellation order to go through.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience of Vodafone and cancellation issues and what length of time it took for the service to be ceased. I'm also wondering if I'm being fobbed off with this 4 day thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You need to ensure their service is not used after the cancellation date ...... if you use it you are liable for payment for it, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I cancelled my vodafone broadband a few months ago. Best decision I've made in a while.

But it wasn't easy. Like you I told them I wanted to cancel and they asked me to send them in an email confirming some details.

Anyway a few weeks later I noticed the broadband was still working. So I had to ring them up and get them to sort it all out and make sure they would not bill be for the few weeks since I wanted to cancel.

They had the broadband turned off the next day. And my bill came and they charged me in full. So I rang them up and made them give us a full refund. Then I noticed we were paying for the expensive call answering service. When the customers were transferred over from BT a while back, Vodafone "accidentally" put all the customers with call answering onto the expensive service. I got a full refund for my entire time with Vodafone for their cock-up on that one. I was also assured they were giving this refund to all their customers.

Now I'm getting my phone and broadband from Digiweb Metro :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Well, the plot thickens.

I spoke again to vodafone and they absolutely maintained that the service had been cancelled. This is despite the fact that as I was speaking to them on the phone I was also using my "cancelled" internet connection to conduct an online speed test. After I told her this she said she would look further into the matter.

After that on a hunch I rang up eircom to check my line and they confirmed there was an active dsl connection on it. The eircom fella told me that vodafone were supposed to contact them and tell them that the dsl service was ceased and that eircom as the carrier would then remove it from the line.

So around I go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Again I speak to vodafone again they claim the dsl has been disconnected.

836312181.png

Doesn't look disconnected from where I'm sitting, I'm actually posting this over my vodafone connection as well!:mad:
    I was hoping to cancel this landline but eircom refuse to do so as there is an active dsl on the line.

To be honest I'm at the end of my rope now over this. Any ideas on my next step would be greatly appreciated. As vodafone flat out refuse to accept that the connection is still up.

Advertisement