Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Fiberpower BB Rochestown, Cork

• 02-06-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Last week just outside the centra shop on the main rochestown road, the road was dug up and there was a sign- "UPC fiberpower BB coming your way soon" just wondering if anyone knows what the timeframe is for this? i'm living up the top of the hill in Estuary Court (havisham house area) not sure if its going to go all the ways up the hill or not? They were digging just at the entrance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

They've been saying that they've been coming to Dublin 15 for the last 8 years and it's still not here.

So I wouldn't say you'll be getting it within a reasonable timeframe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Dublin 10 here.

Ironically, I got a card in the door last week from UPC saying that they need access to my external property as part of the installation in the area of Fiberpower.

I've enquired at various stages over the last 6 years as to when their (NTL/UPC) BB would be available. Always got the same story...available in your area within the next 12 months blah blah.

Now that the ball is finally rolling it will e interesting to see how long it takes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thebeastwithin

I live in Mount Oval village on the Rochestown road and would love a fibrepowered broadband. Hoep UPC or someone finally gets some proper speeds available in this area, for such a major, newly built housing estate the broadband currently available here is terrible.

Advertisement