Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carpet glue

• 02-06-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

just got carpet installed upstairs and on the staircase. looks great checked over it and the guys did a good job. i pay them they leave. then i notice there is some glue at the foot of the staircase on the skirting, i tried to wipe it off with a wet cloth and nothing doing just makes a mess so i call the installers and he says to leave it a day and let it dry out and it should rub off no problem, so my question is "is that really the case?"

I know glues generally do but i don't want it taking the paint off my skirting at the same time. my own fault for not noticing i know too busy looking all up stairs that i literally walked past the foot of the stairs. They have offered to come back out if it doesn't come off (hardly likely to repaint my skirting i know :) ) just hoping for some reassurance for the next 24 hours ... i have no patience at all at all...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If they've said that it'll be fine, it should. They'll have had this problem many many times. Plus, if its not, they'll come back and make it right - thats the main thing. They would most likely have a remover that would dissolve the glue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

yeah that is what I expect...new house you know, not even moved in yet so very precious about it all - until the kids get let loose then i might as well forget about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Doesn't need to be a new house. Wait till you break your back doing up some rooms in the house and then letting the kids in. Its worse than it happening in a new house :-)

Advertisement