Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hearn gets the nod!

• 02-06-2010 3:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Barry Hearn won the players vote at today's EGM, in the last week a serious rival in the shape of the Davidson bid seemed to be on the verge of taking his place, but at today's vote Hearn won by 39-25 of the top 64 players votes.
    Personally I am absolutly delighted at the outcome and look forward to a rebirth of snooker in the new 'Hearn' era.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Better not be walk in music and walk in girls. Not original and would look ridiculous in snooker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Better not be walk in music

Its already in, have you not watched the last few tournaments? Its fantastic, really kicks the buzz off! Not sure about walk in girls, but the music is brilliant. Took me weeks to stop humming Robertsons intro :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I know it's in now bit not for all tournaments and not as overblown as darts is now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Yeah walk-in girls (and music to an extent) is ridiculous is snooker. It just doesnt work in a forum that you can barely even whisper in during play. The darts model works well because it's essentially pandering to a drunk working class crowd.

All said anyway, I suppose Hearn is good for the sport. He's a shady fucker in fairness though, for reasons discussed in the other thread (boxing etc). Probably the best of a bad bunch though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

consultech wrote: »
    The darts model works well because it's essentially pandering to a drunk working class crowd.
    Isn't it a working class crowd following snooker also, mostly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Aidric wrote: »
    Isn't it a working class crowd following snooker also, mostly?

I was referring moreso to the event venues themselves. Walk-on music at snooker tournaments just creates an air of awkwardness imo.

Darts is definitely more focused on a working class fanbase than snooker. Snooker is definitely a more civilised game than darts in fairness.

Advertisement